"But.... You don't even have a name yet."

Jasper sighed. "Like that matters to him"

"Are you guys going to try? To stand out?"

"Maybe." Maybe? We're they actually considering going against the wishes of Raoul and his gang?

"And do you still want me to join?"

"No." Liam said, at the same time as Jasper who said "Yes."

Liam turned to glare at Jasper. "What the hell? You can't seriously want to pull her into this?"

"We need her. This is our one shot at success. And I can protect her. One word from my mother and those black-mailing losers will be behind bars." Jasper's jaw was clenched, and he actually looked serious. I remembered that his family was loaded. What he was saying did make sense. But there was one thing they had forgotten about.

"Hello? I'm sitting right here. Listen up. This is my life. If I change my mind, I'll join. You can't say anything about that Liam. And Jasper, if I choose to stay out of the band, I don't need protection. So for now, just shut up and just be my friends."

There was a silence after my little outburst. Scarlett looked impressed. Then the silence was broken by Jasper.

"Will you stop driving so fast? It's not like they're following us." he snapped. "Besides, I let the air out from one of their tires." So that was where he had disappeared.

Liam looked incredulous. Then he looked at Jasper. The look that passed between them was something that couldn't be described. Then he started laughing. I looked between the two on them, and at that instant, I could understand what made them such good friends. A bond that was so illogical, it made sense only when you saw it in action.

"Oh and one more thing." I managed to say.

"What's that?" He asked curiously.

"You guys have to tell me your last names."

They laughed, and Liam said "We'll introduce ourselves to you tomorrow, since we're out of time today."

Soon, we pulled up at my place. I hopped out, but froze when I saw my parents car in the driveway.

"What do I do?" I turned in desperation and asked the band. I pointed at the car.

Zach held out a hand in a gesture telling me to wait, jumped out of the car and went to the trunk. He opened it and pulled out a ladder. Yes, a ladder. He came up to me, with Jasper following him.

"What exactly have you stuffed in there?" I asked, wondering what they could pull out of the trunk next time.

"You don't want to know." Jasper grinned.

They went and put it against the side of my house, right under my window.

"This is insane." I whispered.

"Don't worry, We've done it before. I'm going to hold it firmly which Jasper stays guard."

I sucked in a breath of fresh air for courage and started to climb. Zach was true to his word, keeping the ladder steady. But I nearly fell of laughing because Jasper looked at me, pointed to Nathan's bedroom and mined blowing him a kiss. He was telling me his plans of distraction. I could weirdly imagine him trying to make Nathan believe he wanted to meet him.

I slid into my room, relieved to be there. I stuck my head out of the window and waved goodbye to Zach as he took the ladder away. Jasper turned around and mouthed "My place tomorrow."

I guess they wanted to make me feel safe. Well, I was ready to go. I really wanted to know more about them, and I'm sure a visit to Jasper's house would be quite interesting, according the image everyone's created about his family. I flopped onto my bed, exhausted. There was a knock on my door. I sighed, got up wearily and opened it to see Jake outside.

"Hey. How was your day?"

"Great. You covered for me?"

"Yep. Said you were probably in your room. But come a little faster next time? You really cut it close today."

I smiled, feeling very lucky to have the best brother anyone could wish for. "Sure."

And then I walked down with him to dinner, wishing that the time for secrets would soon be over.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's un-edited again. Yep, I know. But a certain fan really wanted to read the this chapter, so I couldn't help but post it as quickly as possible. :)

Your enthusiasm keeps me going! So please, comment and vote!

Love, CeeCee.