Chapter Twenty: Together

Alana opened her eyes and found herself spooned against Gino, her back molded to his warm muscular chest.  She shivered and huddled closer beneath the soft sheets, goose bumps rising all over her arms.

Why is it so cold?  Didn't we turn on the heater earlier?  

Gino must've shut it off before he got back into bed with her.

She yawned and rubbed her eyes before turning around in his arms to face him, smiling.  He was still asleep.  Alana observed his face for a moment, noting the scruff along his jawline and the gentle rise and fall of his chest.  An occasional snore would come out of his mouth.

She smiled again before cuddling closer to him and closing her eyes once again.  It was far too warm, comfortable and peaceful to stay awake on a Sunday.  Especially after all the sex they had last night.

When she awoke again after dozing off, a pair of deep blue eyes wandering over her face greeted her.

"Morning babe."  Gino said huskily with a lazy smile.  Alana noted that he sounded rather sleepy.

"Morning."

He reached up to lightly caress her cheek and gave her a quick kiss on the forehead before rolling away and yawning.  He sighed before pushing the warm blankets off of his body.  He inadvertently pulled some of the warm comfort away from Alana, who squealed and promptly gathered the sheets around her again.

Gino turned to her and raised an eyebrow.  "Wasn't it too hot?"

"No," Alana said, her voice slightly muffled since she had pulled the covers up and over her nose and mouth.  "I get cold easily, remember?"

He grinned and moved towards her, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulled her against his chest.  It was amazing how fast she felt his body heat spread throughout her.  "I thought that you'd be okay after all we did last night," Gino's deep voice rumbled.  He pressed his face into her neck and sighed.

Alana made a soft noise of contentment, relishing the warmth and the fact that she could feel his powerful muscle pressed against her even through the softness of the blankets and the large shirt she had borrowed from him.

Gino looked up and stared at her intently for a moment.  "What was that?"

"What?"

"That sound."

"What sound?"

"It sounded like you... purred or something."

She blushed.  "Well, I'm happy that I'm here with you."  She paused for a moment before finishing, "And you're really warm."

He smiled gently and kissed her lightly on the nose.  Then a grin spread across his face as he teased, "Of course I'm warm.  I'm a man.  We have more testosterone, which increases muscle mass.  That increases metabolism, and higher metabolism increases temperature."

"Ohh, how scientific," Alana said, raising her eyebrows and feigning an impressed expression.

"I know the basics," Gino grinned again.  "And I know a lot about sexual health too."

"Oh?"  Her heart beat quicker at his words.

"I took biology freshman year, and one of the chapters was on sexual health.  Not just STDs and safe sex, but the chapter also taught us the benefits of sex.  Stuff like relieving stress, easing depression, making people happier, losing weight and boosting cardiovascular health...  Everyone paid attention when we studied that chapter and everyone aced the exams too.  Having sex is a great 'excuse' to keep your lovers healthy."