Chapter Ten: Confidence is Sexy

Alana shivered slightly as she pulled the soft, knitted woolen beanie tighter over her hair so it covered the tips of her ears.  She adjusted the soft beige scarf around her neck and buttoned the rest of her grey gather-waist hooded coat.  After arriving back to school from Thanksgiving break, it had gotten a lot colder near Stella Rose University.

She glanced at her watch and picked up the pace: Alana and Gino had agreed to meet at the shopping center and help each other pick out Christmas gifts for their family and friends and she was already late, if only by a few minutes.

After about a minute, Alana saw a large, tall figure leaning against one of the shops of the center.  Several couples and groups of friends and families walked and browsed the boutiques, huddled in layers of winter clothing and clutching purses, bags of shopping, or steaming cups of coffee.

"I'm sorry I'm a little late," she said as she walked closer to him.

As Alana did so, she immediately took in his appearance: a soft-looking white suede-lined jacket, blue jeans and a grey beanie.  It was stylish in a simple way, but he looked great.  

"No guy would care if you were 'a little late' considering how cute you look," Gino said with a grin as he opened his arms wide for a hug.

Alana smiled as she entered the warm, strong embrace and felt his large hands press into her coat.  She inhaled in his subtle cologne and clean laundry smell, her nose tingling.

His hands slid up to caress her neck and cheeks; Alana pulled away to see Gino slowly leaning down towards her face as his deep blue eyes seared into hers.

His warm, soft lips lightly brushed against her mouth, so that she trembled slightly in anticipation.

"I'm going to kiss you now," he breathed gently.

She felt her face flush as she stared up at him.  Alana realized that even though she had allowed him to kiss her before Thanksgiving break, Gino was still being cautious.  He still wanted to make sure that they were going at the right pace.

"I want you to," Alana whispered, and as soon as the words had escaped her lips, he sealed his mouth over hers with a groan.

She moaned as his full, sensual lips lightly sucked hers before running his tongue along the inside of her mouth.  She kissed him back just as fiercely, her heart spiking as her hands trailed up to the nape of his neck.

Gino growled softly as he deepened the kiss.  One hand moved to tangle in her silky dark hair as the other wound tightly around her slender waist, pulling her flush against his large, solid body.

Alana gasped as the mint she had sucked on a few minutes ago mixed with his taste of sweet citrus.  He tasted so good.

It felt like they were kissing for a few minutes before Gino finally pulled away, groaning.

"If we keep doing this, I won't be able to stop," he tilted Alana's head up so that his warm forehead rested against hers as his gaze wandered across her face.  "And I don't want people around here to think we don't have manners."

She smiled up at him.  "So you're also one of those people who don't like seeing couples making out all over places, huh?"

He gave her a wolfish grin.  "Does that apply to us just now?"

Alana bit her lip and shrugged.  "I think we had a little more decency than some people.  Besides, there aren't a lot of people around us anyway," she said looking around, relieved.

"Yeah, and I get more annoyed if people do this around campus.  It pisses me off when they do it in hallways when I'm trying to get to class."

"I can totally relate."