Chapter TwentyFour

Brooklyn's point of view

"King be careful! I'm not tryin to make another one." I hissed holding the door open.

"B it's hot as hell and it's heavy, Ian tryna burn myself." He snapped carrying the pan of Yams.

"Oh shut up." I chuckled.

"Look Brookwin! I'm stronga than daddy." Malaysia exclaimed as she carried the bag of cups and plates.

"You are! King you better step ya game up, your daughter can carry more stuff than you." I smiled locking up the house.

We got in the car and drove to my mom's house. Her and Mabel wanted to have Thanksgiving over there.

As we approach the door we could smell food. I can't wait to eat. Since I'm eatin for two Ima get a big ass plate.

Mabel opened the door and greeted us.

"My baby!" I smiled hugging Malaysia.

"Hey maw maw." She cooed.

I smiled and walked in the house. Mom, Paris, and Ely was in the kitchen cookin.

"Oo my babies here." Mama smiled hugging all of us one at a time.

"Happy Thanksgiving." Paris smiled.

"Happy Thanksgiving y'all." I waved at everyone.

"Why wasn't yo ass here to help me clean these chitterlings?" Ely questioned.

"Girl Ion mess wit them. Where Reena? Why she ain't help you?" I asked.

"Go look in there." She pointed to the dining room.

I chuckled and walked in there. Reena was sitting on Demetreus lap looking at her phone.

"That's you?" King asked him as he walked in the room.

"I see you." I smirked.

She flashed her middle finger and mugged me. Demetreus whispered something in her ear and got up.

Him and King walked off and I sat by Reena.

"Y'all cute or whatever." I said smirking.

"That ain't my nigga." She snapped.

"Girl don't lie, you know you like you some Demetreus." I laughed.

Ely poked her head out the kitchen and chuckled.

"Why come you ain't in there cookin?" I asked.

"Girl, I cooked last night." She replied.

"What you cook?" I asked.

"Pineapple upside down cake and some macaroni. I'm tired as hell." She groaned.

"How you tried? You ain't even cook alot." I chuckled.

"Nigga I'm tired of waiting, a nigga is hungry." She snapped.

I shook my head and Malaysia ran to me.

"Brookwin, granma gave me some chicken." She cooed, waving a piece of turkey.

"Tell grandma to give you some more and bring it to me okay." Reena whispered to her.

"I heard that!" Mabel yelled.

"Uh un, that was Brooklyn." She chuckled.

I smacked my lips.

"Don't lie on me." I hissed.

She laughed and laid her head on my shoulder.

"I wanna eat so bad." She said actin like she was crying.