Chapter 16- Twisted Tales From Japan- Part 1

Start from the beginning

“Where are Tony and Bruce?” He placed his glasses back over his eyes, and replaced his smirk.

“Both at one of Tony’s safe houses, I can take you there if you like?” I looked out over the fragmented city, and looked at Hawkeye over my shoulder, who held his bow ready to fire the zip line.

“I’d rather walk.” I stepped onto the edge of the building, and placed one foot out as this time I was ready to drop to earth. I looked forward and took a deep breath.

“Don’t catch me this time.” I stepped off the building and leapt feet first into the destruction below.

I wasn’t happy by the fact that ever since I had reappeared people had been watching me, and I know it wasn’t just Natasha and Clint. The feeling of eyes following me everywhere was overwhelming. I zipped up my leather jacket as I walked through the devastated city, I knew Hydra was watching me, they had been watching me as soon as I entered Japan.

Tokyo, Japan three Years Ago-

Japan wasn’t safe, at least not for Mutants. I walked through the overcrowded streets, my umbrella held close to my body, as I walked up to the newspaper stand. It seemed that every day a new story of mutants being kidnapped in their own homes plagued the headlines. I passed the stalls man one hundred yen and picked up my newspaper. I slipped the newspaper into my pocket inside my jacket, and continued to walk home, when I said home I meant the place I rented which had a floor bed and a barely working TV, and other basic facilities such as a bathroom and a kitchen.

I lived in Tokyo, I was here mainly because of the recent kidnappings of Mutants, the other reason was because ever since S.H.I.E.L.D had been destroyed, and Hydra reviled there had been talk of a hidden military base which was home to some Hydra operatives. But every lead I had found had dried up or had turned out to be nothing but stories. I sighed and gently tested the handle of my door, but as I was about to unlock my door the handle gave underneath my grip.

Someone was already inside.

I unveiled my glamour to reveal my katana that had been tightly strapped to my back. I drew the blade silently from my back and slowly pushed open my door. I couldn’t hear anything, not mental whisper. I walked into the darkness filled house, suddenly something moved towards me. I darted out of the way and watched as one by one six Hydra agents revealed themselves. Suddenly a single lamp was switched n to reveal a man sitting in my arm chair. A pair of circle wire frame glasses sat high on his nose, and his fingers were laced underneath his chin. My grip tightened on the handle of my katana.

“Good evening Miss Davis, we have been expecting you for some time now.” I felt my knuckles rub against my skin as bone crushing grip maintained on my katana.

“Have you now?” I asked through gritted teeth, suddenly the barrel of a gun was pressed against the back of my head.

“Fraulein drop the sword, or the man behind you will fill you skull with Adamantium bullets.” I quickly dropped the sword and dropped my hands to my side.

“Good, now I understand you have been looking for us Mein Fraulein.” I looked around at looked out at the corner of my eye to see the bright red hydra symbol standing out a symbol of death on their black SS uniforms.

“Who’s ‘us’?” the man chuckled in my arm chair and suddenly stood up. He took one step and was quickly looming over me. He grinned evilly as he glared at me over his wire frame glasses.

“You know who we are, as much as we know who you are. But obviously I forgot to introduce myself; I am Baron Wolfgang von Strucker, and we are Hydra.” Suddenly the men behind me stood to attention, and saluted.

“Hail Hydra!”, and as quickly as that gun was removed for the back of my head, it was placed back there. I stayed relaxed. My breathing was slow and heavy; my heart beat pulsated calmly in my chest as I knew what was to come.

“So why are you here?” I asked as the gun pressed hard against my skin. I rolled my shoulders readying myself.

“We are here for you Miss Davis.” Baron Von Strucker nodded to the man holding the barrel of the gun against my skull. I closed my eyes as the man’s trigger finger twitched, the noise echoed through the room like a clap of thunder, as I watched my own body fall onto its knees, and fall forward onto the plush brain splattered carpet.

 I continued to watch as the displaced grey matter soon turned to ash, and floated through the air as if it never existed I watched as two Hydra guards brought forward a body bag, and lifted my body into it. Dying no longer bothered me, Hela couldn’t claim my soul as it was directly tied to that of a living God, Loki.

My mind stayed conscious in an ethereal realm, far away from my (At the moment) dead body. I continued to watch as they pushed my body into the back of a long black limousine, they drove fast through the busy street of Tokyo, and away from the bright prying eyes of the city, into the darkness of the mountains, so nobody knew it existed outside of their own world, a secret Hydra base, built to be secluded, built to be secure, built to experiment on mutants.