Chapter 22: Obsession

Start from the beginning

"Is it okay if I come too then? That should be interesting, plus I don't really want them driving you to my house alone. I want to take you." I grin, taking his hand.

"Sure, if they let you. What are we gonna do until then?" He thinks, biting his lip, when suddenly I am shoved from behind and luckily right into Gage's chest.

Gage steadies me easily, straightening me up next to him as we both turn to see Madeline. Again. Does she ever quit?!?!

"Holy swiss cheese girl! You hae got to stop doing that!" She glares, and just then I notice she has tears running down her cheeks. 

"Hey are you ok-"

"NO! I AM NOT OKAY!" I jump, furrowing my eyebrows. What the heck is up with her? Gage scowls down at her.

"Look, Madeline. I am never going to date you, and I never will. I never would have either! Just get over yourself. It's not Levi's fault, it's yours. Why are you so obsessed with me in the first place?" He asks, watching her as she pants like an angry bull.

"Why?! I have had a crush on you since elementary! You never noticed me, and when that thing starts following you around you date him?!" My eyes widen, and I look at Gage who is just as surprised.

"I thought you were new here?" She glares at me, like I didn't have permission to speak. 

"I moved away for awhile, but now i'm back. I deserve Gage's love, not you! And mark my words, you little faggot! I will have it!" Then, like the wicked witch she is, she runs off and disappears around the corner.

Me: "O.O......"

Gage:"O_O'......Why's she obsessed with me, boy I wanna know...."

"You aren't Mariah Carey Gage."

"Sorry."

"Well that was threatening and unexpected." I say after he stops humming, and Gage nods.

"And kind of flattering." I smack his arm, and he gives me a goofy grin. Idiot. 

"That's weird though. If she had such a huge crush on you, why didn't she say anything? I know I did." Gage snorts.

"Not everyone is loud and proud about all of their feelings, Levi." I pout, crossing my arms and leaning into his side.

"Whatever. Loud and proud is a good thing! You don't keep everything bottled inside and wind up like that crazy hoe."

"Levi! So harsh.She probably just wants to be loved."

"She has a family! And she ain't gettin' no lovin' from you, that's fosho." I say in a ghetto voice, snapping my fingers in a 'z' form. 

Gage raises an eyebrow, grabbing my still snapping hand.

"Stop. You are not a girl who just got her boyfriend all stole up. Quit acting like it." We glare seriously at each other for a second, then start laughing like maniacs. We're so stupid. 

When we stop laughing, we look around and see that everyone has gone home, save for a few kids whose parents work late and always pick them up late as a result. Coincidentally, one of them happens to be DARBY! My little friend who Gage and I made miserable for a day! Okay so maybe not my friend, but he's here!

"Gage look, it's Darby! Wanna go say hi?" He looks skeptical, but nods anyways and I grab his hand as we walk over. When we stop in front of him, he looks up from his phone and glares.

"What do you two want?" I place a hand over my heart, faking offense.

"Why, we just wanted to talk with our friend Darby! Is that bad?" He narrows his eyes, looking between the two of us suspiciously.