Super-duper-multi-billionaire, stuck in school #3

Chapter 3

I took out the 3 chicken and cheese pie out the oven, it was already half past eleven and I already took a shower and got ready whist the pie was cooking so now I just have to play the waiting game. I didn't need to worry about cleaning, the maids comes three times a week and the gardener and pool cleaner comes once a week or sometimes a fortnight.

I text Andy while waiting:

Me- Andy, I'm nervous! They never call a 'meeting' unless it's for the press!

Andy- Calm down, they're your parents! Stop acting like it's a job interview!

Me- Oh, I am acting like that aye?

Andy- No joke Sherlock

Me- Nearly time, call you later love x tc

Andy- Good luck! love you!

I set the table and that's when I heard a car drive onto the drive way. They're here and the butterflies in my stomach just increased. I breathed in and out, as I heard keys jingle, I haven't seen them in two months, what if they don't approve of me? What am I doing? These are the people who raised me, why am I acting like it's my death sentence?

"Mercede?" I heard my mum call out, I walked to the front door.                                                                   

"Hey mom, how have you been?" I asked

"OH MY GOSH, WHAT DID YOU DO?" She asked me, yelling loudly, I looked around panicking, what's wrong? Everything was in perfect condition when I walked to the front door wasn't it?

"What is it?"

"YOUR HAIR! WHAT DID YOU DO? ARE YOU TRYING TO CHEAPEN YOURSELF? MAKE A BAD NAME FOR OUR FAMILY?" She continued to yell at me, I touch my hair and look at the tip of it, it's blonde, what's so bad about blonde?

"I just dyed it mom, I'll dye it back tomorrow, I promise" I said, calmly. My hair is naturally dark brown, but I think she over reacted... I needed to dye it for 'Call me, player' because well, my character was blonde in the movie, I think blonde suits me, but if my mom hates it, it's bye bye blonde hair for me.

"What are you waiting for? MEETING NOW! There is no time for small talk!" My father said viciously, I gulped and we all went to the dining table, I'm surprised they still remember where that is.

I use to be such a daddy's girl, always on his shoulder, laughing, giggling and smiling but that's before I stuffed everything up, before I turned this whole family upside down. We all sat down, my mother across me and my father in the middle, on the 'king' spot.

"As you should know, this is a very important meeting" My father said, business like, I nodded my head and he continued.

"As you are... Now, our only child we need you to take over our companies" It took me a while to process the word through my head and sink in, not 'company' but 'companies'. They want me to take over their companies? I felt my eyes narrow and a frown appear on my forehead as my lips pouted a bit. My father was talking and even though I know he hates this, I interrupted him:

"Take over the company? Which one? Father, I don't think I can do that" His eyes narrowed as if he's looking at me clearly for the first time.

"Both companies, your mother and I have talked about this and both agree on it"

"Don't you think that it's too much? I can't handle two companies"

"Who's fault is it? If it wasn't for you it wouldn't be like this!" He slightly yelled at me, I shrank into my seat, fear overcoming me. I normally have a back bone made of iron but when it comes to my family that 'back bone' turns into jelly, jelly with extra water so it's like extra weak.