Chapter 14

Eden?

As I woke up I was filled with relief that I wasn't drenched in sweat or screaming, I looked around to see I was in the back seat of the car. Sighing I sat up to see Willow peacefully laying on the passenger chair still asleep, then sun was rising outside so I got out stretching as I heard my bones pop from their tightness, I then took in my surroundings even more dried dead grass with trash rolling around, there where some trees some still had leaves but it was falling down as the wind blew through it.

I sighed before the apocolypse Seattle used to be slive with alot of green here and there, but noe it looked like a dead place that hasn't seen light in a long time, I walked up to the tree taking a leak as I looked around to see if I had any Intruders, luckily I was alone. As I finished my business I walked to the car and grabbed my water bottle washing my hands, I put it on the road as I got into the car looking over to a now awake Willow, she yawned as she covered her eyes the morning sunlight was already shining in from the tinted window.

She then made her seat straight as she yawned again "morning," I told her which made her jump "holy shit, don't do that," she said as she held her heart. "I mean you already knew it was me," I told her smiling at her being jumpy, which I earned a roll of her eyes. I then looked to the back seat grabbing a box, as I finished my scavenger hunt from the box I pulled out two small cereal boxes, "there's no milk, but we can still eat it. I think," I said as I handed it to her she looked at the brand "Apple Jack's," she then opened it to find cereal in a plastic that she had to tear, an hour passed and we already finished eating our breakfast we sat there staring out the window drinking water.

"So where off to some place called Kennewick?," Willow asked as she put her trash in a box, "yup, then I think w'ell be closer to Boise," I told her as I placed my trash in the box too, I then started the car and headed off to a town called Kennewick. Two slow hours passed as we made it to a run down town that had a sign that read Welcome to Kennewick, Willow rolled her eyes at their originality. "This place looks deserted," Willow said as she looked at the town ahead of her, "everywhere is deserted," I reminded her which she mocked me, I rolled my eyes as I drive slowly ahead. "Maybe we should check the pharmacy out?," I asked Willow as we kept the car in park, "why?," She asked irrataded. I rolled my eyes again for the millionth time "I don't know so we could play pharmacist," I said sarcastically as I looked for a pharmacy, Willow didn't answer back which I thanked her for.

Then when I saw a building that only had a ph  rm y I knew it was the pharmacy driving into it's small parking are with only three parking spaces now two since I took up the third one, I then looked at Willow who was staring out the window, "you can come if you want," I told her she opened her door and walked forward to the pharmacy, I followed behind her as I scouted the place hmmm, no zombies.. weird... I thought as I heard the shaking of a chain come from inside I instantly took out my handgun and pointed it at the door, where Willow stood holding the chain "it's locked," she said as she shaked the chain again. "Stop that," I told her as I grabbed the chain from her she moved away and sat on the bench looking at the empty streets.

Then as I finished examining  the chain I took out my pocket knife as I picked the lock lucky the blade was strong that it could turn the lock making it click, I the smiled as I pulled of the chain sliding it slowly to the ground as I tried the doors, weirdly they opened I took a step back as I thought something was going to run at me but nothing came, maybe it is really deserted I thought as I peered inside the Mart. Nothing out of the ordinary popped out so I gestured Willow to follow me in, as we went in the smell of hot stinky air filled my lungs I coughed as the smell got stronger as we entered deeper into the Mart, then we scanned the shelfs.