Chapter 8

Gunshots

It has been a two days since Me and Willow bunked in Elisabeth's home, we had enough food that if we rationed it out we could last another week, every since I found the note from Elisabeth I began brainstorming a plan on how to get to her, as I looked outside the living room window seeing the sun set. After a night Willow complained on how her back was hurting in the hard wood floor, so I had to get the mattresses from upstairs for her making her shut up, I looked over to her to see she was already sleepy.

I sighed, "how're we going to get to you Beth," I asked wishing she was here and not across capitols from me, I laid down on my mattress hoping that sleep could over take, luck As I closed my eyes I was trapped in some kind of darkness, I tried to see if my eyes were open but couldn't tell because it was still pitch black, so I started screaming which just came out as a muffled scream. Confused I moved my hands but they couldn't move so I tried my legs bit didn't feel them moving etheir, so I started thrashing still not moving I kept telling, and that's when I knew I was under some type of water.

I tried to calm down breathing surprised that I was even breathing under water, I then slowly lifted my hands hoping they would move and luckily they did, but it was like I was stuck to something and that's when I figured that I was in a type of water, but it just wasn't water. So I tried to swim to whatever surface was above me, slowly but surely I could see a don light from the surface but it was hard to see because there was light then blackness I had to keep moving around in the liquid to see the light,

And as I broke to the surface I took a deep breath seeing that I was right, I was in black goo. I yelled but it was still muffled as black goo came out of my mouth, vomiting it all out my throat felt like it was on fire as I breath through my mouth, I then looked around to see nothing but black goo swaying in what was once clear blue water, then before i knew it I was being sucked back into the goo, screaming for help with nobody answering me or coming to help me I was sucked all the way in the goo,

As I thrashes around I noticed I wasn't in the goo anymore but free falling I looked down to see my bedroom, I screamed thinking that I was going to die but then I landed on my bed, hearing it almost give up by the impact. I looked at my body to see I was still covered in black goo, I tried to wipe it sets from me on my sheet covers but just sneered it more and it became my second skin, as I kept trying to wipe it off I felt something dripping on me.

I touched my hair which was matted with something touching it I looked at to see what it was and as I looked at my fingers I saw red crimson blood on my finger screaming I looked up, regretting my decision I screamed as I saw Sky my dog attached to the black goo on my ceiling with her blood dripping on my head, as I look to see the blood was coming from her head wound where I shot her, and the bite mark. I screamed again as I saw her twitching making me fly of my bed hitting my head, I got up and held my head then remembering that I had blood on my hair, I then looked at my hands to see there was nothing on it. The goo and blood was gone I then slowly looked up to the ceiling to see sky wasn't there anymore, a took a breath of relief as I got up.

Then as if things couldn't get any worser I heard tumbling noises from downstairs making me flinch, I then made my way slowly to the door opening it which creaked giving away my location, I cursed as I opened it all the way putting out my fist ready to attack anything that came to me but as I went out it was deathly quiet, I then tried to listen closely to hear if anything was in the house and before I could react I was tackled to the floor, I screamed as I got frightened by whatever was on me, I tried to get out of their hold surprised that they had a good grip, then as if I weighed nothing I was flipped to my back roughly.