Prologue

(Beginning sucks but give it a chance until the end of the chapter)
- For some weird reason the book cover is very blurry even if my original copy is HD.

Hayley

"You may come in." The girl in charge of the concierge says with no emotion. "Fourth floor , you won't miss it." she continued.

I sighed.

It's fine, I tell myself, you're doing the right thing why are you nervous? Besides, this is partly his fault.

The elevator door opens to reveal crystal chandeliers with white and glass walls.

She was right, I wouldn't miss it because half of the fourth floor seemed to just be his office. I bite my lip and stare at my brown leather boots as I walked toward a big granite desk.

"And you are?" he asks.

"Hayley, from 5 weeks ago, remember?"

"No."

I swallowed the thickness in my throat.

"At the company's anniversary, w-we kinda slept together." I murmur softly.

He laughed, "I'm sorry to break this to you love but, I was drunk. That doesn't equal intimacy. I don't particularly include my self in these stupid things but I was drunk. It was a one night stand. Nothing else. Sorry to waste your time and effort to get all the way here on a Sunday."

"I know not to think we're getting married or anything because of that. You have to give me more credit, I'm not that naïve." I stated, "Although, there's something you need to know," I paused, "I'm pregnant."

He laughed harder. "Do you know how many people come here and tell me that same thing?"

I roll my eyes.

His face then turned from a dimpled laugh to a straight face as he yelled, "Security!"

Two oversized wrestlers in suits came in and carried me off the floor and out to the hallway.

"Let me go!" I scream. "It's true, I really am pregnant!"

As they drag my pride and I away, I could hear his chuckle echoing and bouncing of the white walls.