Chapter 3

Upon entering the house, Hua Xiangyan placed Yan Feili on his bed, then removed the man's overcoat which had been saturated by a good amount of snow. Once he saw the other man's concealed figure, he could not resist his own shocked reaction!

"Hua... General Hua... Please, please leave quickly—leave quickly and find Q...Qiu...Doctor Qiu..." gripping Hua Xiangyan's hand tightly, Yan Feili panted.

The immediately, a sharp burst of pain rose in his stomach, making him unable to help but use strength on the hand within his own.

By this exceedingly painful grip of his, Hua Xiangyan also grew quite panicked.

General Yan! What on earth has is happening to you?"

"Quickly... Go quickly..." Yan Feili did not care any longer; feeling only the struggling of that thing within his stomach, and trying with all he had to prevent its escape.

"T— Tell him... m-my water has already broke..." Yan Feili lay back on the bed in pain.

Not knowing how much time had passed, Hua Xingyan rushed over to find Qiu Yeyuan with a face awash in pallor.

Yan Feili was currently tossing about on the bed, wracked with pain.

Upon seeing his appearance, Qiu Yeyuan said nothing further, immediately moving forward to hold the thrashing man steady, wanting him to cause himself no more harm by tossing about.

"Hurry! Hurry up and help me restrain him!" Qiu Yeyuan rudely shouted to the long absentminded Hua Xiangyan.

"You— What are you doing?" Hua Xiangyan held Yan Feili down, eyes grown wide at the sight of Qiu Yeyuan holding scissors in his hand thus prompting him to ask.

But Qiu Yeyuan ignored him.

His hands nimbly cutting Yan Feili's trousers apart with a "zhoosh" before prying the man's legs apart.

Reaching in to explore, he saw the other's water had already broken and that the birthing process had not only already begun, but was half way there.

Kneading Yan Feili's stomach, Qiu Yeyuan heard a groan causing his brows to furrow.

"How long has it been since your water broke?" Yan Feili seemed to have not heard him, as he only kept gasping for breath.

"General Yan... How long has it been since your water broke?" Qiu Yeyuan opened his legs wider as he asked yet again.

But at that moment, "What are you all doing!" a strict voice suddenly echoed within the room.

Turning to look, he saw it was the Northern Sect Master, Beitang Ao, standing at the open bedroom door.

Who would have expected 'the should be celebrating the New Year's feast in the Great Hall' Sect Master Beitang, would appear at this place unannounced? Hua Xiangyan had no idea how he could explain this situation. However, Qiu Yeyuan, to the contrary, was exceptionally rather calm.

"Master Beitang, we are delivering Yan Feili's child!"

"What?" Beitang Ao elegant eyes pulled wide after hearing those words.

His shocked expression was no different than that of Hua Xiangyan not too long ago, except his reaction was a lot quicker compared to the other's.

His gaze immediately went from Yan Feili's wide open legs, then upwards towards the other man's unusually high stomach to see a clear burst of wiggling inside the pregnant man's tummy.

Then again continued moving upwards to Yan Feili pallid face, dripping with sweat as he slid in and out of consciousness; both hands still tightly grasping onto Hua Xiangyan's which were holding him down by his arms.

Beitang's expression was one of alarm, flashing with a sliver of doubt, but he very he quickly calmed them and made his way over to the bedside.

Although the torturous labour pains had left his mind in a fog, upon hearing Beitang Ao's voice, Yan Feili surprisingly regained his sobriety; lifting his head to see Beitang Ao's complicated expression standing before him as the man looked down at him.

"Sect... Sect Master..." taken aback by his own hoarse and broken voice, Yan Feili suddenly realised he was in a very difficult position.

"No, don't..." he groaned in pain, struggling in vain—endlessly panic-stricken.

No, what? Does he not want Qiu Yeyuan to rub his stomach because it's hurting him more, or does he not want the Sect Master to to see him like this.

Qiu Yeyuan did not care in the slightest, as an infamous doctor, all he knew at this moment was the importance of getting him to give birth.

The baby had entered into the birth canal, looking as if it would soon come out.

Seeing Yan Feili's entire body cold and dripping with sweat, he said to Hua Xiangyan: "Bind his arms and help him change into some dry clothes then go boil some water."

Hua Xiangyan, dumbfounded, took the binding Qiu Yeyuan tossed to him, at a complete loss and not knowing what to do.

Beitang Ao went over, seizing the binding, saying coldly: "Didn't you hear? Go boil some water, hurry!" Hua Xiangyan was startled by the ice-cold fierceness within Master Beitang's glare, immediately releasing Yan Feili, wanting very much to flee.

"Hold on!" Beitang Ao stared at Hua Xiangyan, "No one is allowed to enter inside here from outside the Bamboo Garden!"