Chapter Fourteen -

Start from the beginning

As he found the switch, the other person's hand found it too. They switched on the light and were faced by one another.

"Harry." Louis whispered before pulling the younger boy into his arms and squeezing him, afraid to let him go.

"Hi Louis." Harry smiled at him when they pulled away.

"I-I don't understand.."

"I got your letter."

"Just now?"

"No, yesterday. Express mail wasn't running like it should have."

"Oh, um--"

"I'm sorry."

"You're sorry?" Louis asked surprised.

"Yeah, I am. For not letting you explain and for being so stubborn and.. just for letting this go on for this long when I could have been in your arms this whole time."

Louis kissed him then said, "I'm so sorry babe."

"What for? You didn't do anything."

"Just for making you think I would cheat on you. Even if I didn't do anything I know I still hurt you and I'm just sorry."

"It's okay Louis."

"Harry.. You really are the only person who has ever made me feel this way. I mean sure there was John, but it was never to this extent, this love that I feel right here." Louis brought Harry's hand up to his chest and placed it over his heart. "But that's why I cheated on him, I was just so afraid to love someone after that girl. With you though, it was so different. I felt safe, like I knew that with you it'd be different from the start. I felt welcomed and like it was okay to open up and love you, and it was. I'm so sorry for all the pain."

Louis pulled Harry closer and kissed him. It was a different kiss, an eager but passionate one, to show him just how much he really did love him. He kept their foreheads pressed together and whispered to him.

"I love you."

It made Harry's whole body crawl with chills, and all his insides burn with a tingle. But he did not hesitate for one second to say "I love you" back, and to reconnect their lips.

In that moment, they could swear to you they heard fireworks going off somewhere in the distance. Louis pushed Harry against the wall and they stayed in their closet for a good 5 minutes catching up.. with their lips of course.

When they walked back to the cafeteria, as soon as Adee and Niall saw them walk in hand in hand, they stood up and cheered. The others at the table smiled and laughed, and some clapped along, but some around the cafeteria looked at them funny, not quite understanding what the commotion was about.

"Oh it's so good to see you back!" Niall rushed to Harry and gave him a tight hug.

Louis looked at them confused and chuckled.

"What?" Niall said, "Oh come on, we all know that if it weren't for him you'd be Mr. Mopey all the way through graduation."

Louis laughed again and shook his head.

"It's good to have you back and smiling." Adee said to him.

"It's good to feel like this, thanks man."

They all sat down and talked. Well it was mostly Adee and Niall asking them questions, Niall doing most of the asking of course. But they didn't mind talking about anything, because they were back and stronger than ever.

-

Fast forward to prom.

Senior year was going by pretty quick for Louis, and he wasn't too sure if he liked it or not.