Kiss Buddies

Dedicated to @LyraMatt,@thewilliamstwins,@thequeendork .

Thanks to @I_wanna_be_me_too and @TravisAndConnorStoll for commenting on Beautiful and making my freaking day. Here's more Jeyna for you :) 

Disclaimer: Everything belongs to the monster uncle Rick. Jeyna deserved better .

--------------------

I expected a lot to happen that day. I expected to flunk Mr. Brunner's Latin test, because I suck at Latin conjugation. I expected to see the Principal about the theme for the Winter Formal and I expected the cafeteria to serve Sloppy Joes and Chicken Potpie for lunch.

What I did not expect was Reyna Avila, the cold and seemingly emotionless student body President to march across the cafeteria during lunch and kiss me, Jason Grace.

Her lips melded into mine, and my arms circled her waist, pulling her close. Her hands were fisted in my T-shirt, from when she had pulled me close and strands of her long hair which had escaped from her braid tickled my skin.

It was not that I did not find her attractive. Oh no! I had spent many hours with our School President, being the Vice-President and all (OK, slight flex). I had come to know the other, more hidden side of Reyna, mostly through sheer stubbornness on my part and sheer exasperation on hers. But now I knew a person who was way more beautiful, inside and out, than any girl in the grade. Even Piper McLean, who, for some reason, I was always teased with.

It also wasn't like I hadn't tried to make a move on the icy girl. She just wasn't the type to date. She had rebuffed all my advances, saying she had to concentrate on getting into Harvard's Law Program. The only thing that gave me a little hope was the fact that she had never downright said she wasn't interested, but who am I kidding? She was just trying to be nice.

And that was why, this whole kiss came as a pleasant but confusing surprise. Count on Reyna to screw my feelings up again. It then struck me that this was probably a dare and the thought stung more than it should.

I steeled myself, "Get your feelings under control and just kiss her properly, Grace!"

I leaned in and kissed her harder- because she was the one who kissed me without my permission, I could probably get away with it without being castrated. I lifted one hand to tilt her chin slightly upwards, before proceeding to gently bite her lip. She gave a gasp and her eyes opened in shock. I narrowed my eyes in challenge, knowing she could never back down. She didn't. She slipped her tongue into my mouth and it was my turn to groan.

God, she drove me mad.

Finally, I pulled away from Reyna, my heart beating a million miles per minute. The cafeteria, which had been silent till now, exploded into hoots and cheers. Everybody was going crazy, except the lunch lady- who looked scandalized.

Amidst the hooting, Reyna walked closer to me and lifted her hand. I barely flinched but Reyna raised her eyebrows in disbelief. She wiped off a bit of lipstick from the corner of my mouth- her characteristic shade of maroon. She dabbed the finger on her lips and I let out a small growl at how fucking hot that looked.

She whispered, "Nice of you to play along, Mr. Vice-President."

I smirked, "The pleasure is mine, Madame President."

She cocked an eyebrow at the name, but said nothing. She turned away and made her way to her table.

I sat down, still slightly dazed. My basketball teammates slapped my back and congratulated me on 'getting some'. I nodded absent-mindedly, still staring at Reyna as she sat down.