In the summer, it rains and in the winter, the sun shows. Autumn is when there's a breeze and spring is when it snows.

Heh, a mess.

I shivered as the coldness slapped me into reality and I quickly swung my legs back into the warmth of my bed, tugging the cover back over my head.

Fuck school, this is better.

"Noah!"

There it was. The lovely call of my name from my Mum in the kitchen, telling me to-

"You're going to be late for school!"

That.

"No I'm nooooot!" I sang, replying loud enough so she could hear I said something in answer to her, and quiet enough to make sure she won't know exactly what I'm saying.

"NOAH!"

I jumped at the shrill yell of my name, my heart spiking up a bit at the surprise.

Wait- she heard me?

I can't be that late for her to be screaming, can I? I raised my eyes to the digital clock on my bedside and shot out of bed.

Holy shit, this has to be my best record.

Twenty minutes late, ha! Beat that.

... Yeah, I'd rather not get a detention.

After pulling on my shirt and trousers, I practically ran through our small apartment to the kitchen. Though I didn't quite make it, seeing as I immediately got tackled by a hug, making me tumble to the floor.

"May- May my clothes are- you're going to crumple them!"

My little eleven-year-old sister, May, grinned at me from above and placed a small peck on my cheek.

"Good morning to you too!" She chirped and got off my stomach. I got up from my place on the floor and dusted myself off, looking at May, who was tip-toeing expectantly.

With a sigh, I bent down and planted a small kiss on her cheek before adjusting my now ruffled hair and clothes.

"Good morning May...where's James?" I asked, holding her hand and walking down the small path to the kitchen with her.

Shrugging, May and I rounded the corner before halting as a warm sweet smell drifted to us. May let go of my hand and ran to the kitchen, disappearing around the corner.

"MUM! I smell pancakes!"

A small smile appeared on my lips as I also made my way to the kitchen where the rest of my family were.

All I really need is my friends and family. Although they're both a small group, the strength and loyalty that keep us together is all I want. All I need.

As I rounded the small kitchen dinner table, I saw my mother at the stove flipping what looked presumably like pancakes.

"Morning mum," I said also kissing her on the cheek and sat down at the breakfast table.

"Morning Noah, please be on time today okay? I got another text yesterday for you being late," she said, smiling softly as she placed a plate of pancakes in front of me, kissing the top of my head.

I giggled, wiping the kiss mark away from my head, "Alright mum, I'll try."

If only you knew mum...if only you knew...

I looked down at my plate of pancakes and noticed that the syrup was missing. Grunting, I got out of my seat and made my way to the fridge where I met my brother James.