Chapter 11 - Never Again

Chapter 11 ~ Never Again

"What?" I was never the one to be so straightforward. I would have kept quiet or told a white lie but somehow, deep inside of me, I had this feeling. This feeling of how it was wrong to keep this horrid memory away from her loved ones, my loved ones.

"I'm sorry," I whisper quietly. I looked down and heard sobs. Drew being the sweetheart, comforted his aunt while Grace came up to hug me.

I would have never thought of finding her again. All memories of the times we used to hang out flashed through my mind and I turned around and hugged Grace as tightly as I could.

"I'm probably one of the worst friends ever," I mumble. Of course I was.

"No don't say that. You had every right to shut everyone out, I would've too. All that matters to me right now is that you're alive," she whispers quietly, and I'm guessing she was talking to herself.

"Oh Ally! We will get her back soon. Knowing your mother, she is strong enough to go through whatever she is going through right now. Don't lose hope." She wipes the corners of her eyes and turns to look at the line, which has grown. "I need to get back to work. I hope to see you again Ally," she gives me a hug before going behind the register.

Drew turns to me and Grace and gives us a crooked smile. "I'm gonna go get some donuts now. You guys can catch up," he turns and walks towards the line, cutting everyone and smirked at his unamused aunt.

"Wow. I've never seen him look at a girl like that," Grace whispers to herself. I turn my heads towards her direction and nod my head for her to continue. "The way he looks at you. I-I ugh how do I explain this? When he looks at you his eyes literally light up and his whole aroma brightens. He cares a lot about you I can tell," she explains. I stare at her, trying to search her eyes for any lies but nothing comes up.

I care about Drew. I actually care a lot about him and if something would've happened to him, I don't know what'd I do. He brightens up my whole day. Just being with him keeps me sane. He's my escape from this judging society.

"Well I don't know about that but what I know for sure is that I care about him a lot," I say. She smiles at me and looks at Drew who was taking his sweet time in looking through all the different kinds of donuts. Customers behind him were complaining and Ruby didn't seem to happy about it either.

"He's a complete weirdo," she laughs and join her.

"He really is."

***

"So I thought you said you never had any friends?" Hands in his pockets, he walked down the hall to his room with me following.

"I don't like talking about my past," I whisper. He just nods and it always surprises me on how understanding he is.

"Well Cody is coming in about an hour. What do you want to do till then?" His eyes traveled down my face and to my lips. I look away and shrug my shoulders. I turn back to look at him and he's staring at the ground, rubbing the back of his neck with a slight pink in his cheeks. I smile at the awkward boy in front of me.

Thump

My body jumps at the sound. Drew tells me to stay here but me being me followed him. We both turn the living room corner and into the kitchen where Cody is standing, bruised badly.

"oh my god, Cody what happened?" I rushed towards his side and examined his face and body. A dark purple bruised covered his cheek, his eye was swollen, and his lip was cut open.

"I don't want to talk about it," he sneers. I flinch at his tone and he quickly turns to look at me apologetically. Drew who was standing behind me, bends down to Cody's height.