Chapter Seven: Questioning

Five weeks ago if you told me that the next five weeks would be the best in my life. I would have probably laughed at you. But than lucy came along and made everything better by just being there.
Last week, Mira's question still lingers in my mind, what is she here to do.
All I know is that we train like crazy, hours on end, I've become strong. Yesterday me and lucy had a sword battle and I won. Just like the old days when everything was so easy for us when we didn't actually have apurpose of fighting other than we wanted to be strong.
Now, our lives are on the line for something we didn't do. The magic council did this all and we have the fight there damn battle. I hate that. We didn't kill our parents, they did. We didn't anger the Northern Kingdom, they did. They choose to mess with the Empire, the underworld, the dragon world.
They killed twelve people and they are still paying the price. Lucy said something about getting everyone back together. All nine of us. We are the children of those twelve people. I'm the only one whose parents were both apart of Code Red.
"Natsu, I got hired at the coffee shop here in town. Now I have something to do while you're at the guild," Lucy says. I wish she could join the guild but due to the contract she signed, she can't. Eventually, I'll have to leave the guild as well.
"Good, I'm going on a mission with my team this week, you're going to be good here right"
"Of course," Lucy says and sends me her breathtaking smile. I love the honesty in her smile.
We are going down to Oakville which is across the country. And I know for a fact that Cassie is there. She was born there so I know she is there.
"What' cassie's address?"
"The mission is in Oakville?"
"Yeah, I'll go talk to her and make sure no one is following me," I ask lucy and she writes it down on a piece of paper. I'll be able to room everyone due to that this house was originally built on a bunker type thing. I don't use it but hey.
Seven beds, four rooms. I hope that people are okay with sharing a room but no one will expect that nine powerful mages live here with a guild-like fairy tail being here. I can also put up a magic barrier so no one can tell how much magic truly in this house.
"Behind the house, there is a bunker, four rooms but can fit seven to eight beds, would you mind cleaning that up, I'll help you with it when I get back after the guild?" I ask it should be good to live in by the time I get back from this mission. We leave tomorrow morning.
"Yeah, I got it, I'll also try to pull the rest of there addresses and send a letter to Cole, he's in the neighbor country," Lucy says and I nod just before happy comes out and we drop the topic. I love happy and all but I can't allow him to know because then he's at risk.
"Good morning Happy," lucy says before heading out the back door. Me and happy are going to get food at the guild. We set out but I can't keep my mind off getting the group back together. Just like the old days when we were kids.
Back then, you picked on one of us you got all of us. We all stood by each other's side due to we all share the same past. Parents killed for who they are.
We arrive at the guild. We sit at the bar and get some food. Erza and Gray join us. They eat. Erza, Gray, and Wendy talk to Mira about the mission.
"I've never been there or heard of this town," Mira says and they all go off her word. I went there all the time hen we were kids.
"It's a very small town, fishing and farming community. Everyone is great down there" I say cutting in. The last time I was there was about four years ago when I went there to see the statue they made out of my mother.
"You've been there?"
"My best friend was born there, we went there a lot when we were kids," I say and they nod. I quickly finish my food. I head to the back to go to the washroom because the washrooms are back here.
On my way to the bathroom, Gramps stops me by standing in my way. Both hands on his little staff made to his size. His Ten Wizard Saint jacket on his shoulders.
"My boy, I think It's about time we had a talk" master says and I look at him. What could he possibly want to talk to me about?
I follow the old man out back to the garden where I sit on a bench while gramps sits across from me. He's scaring me with his silence.
"You're different Natsu when I became master I could read people's emotions, facial expressions. It became really easy for me to tell when someone was hurting based on their happy face" Master says looking at me putting his staff off to the side. What is he trying to get at?
"eleven Years ago, I found you in a forest, your expressions never changed Natsu, always fake, nothing real about you're emotions. What happened to you Natsu, your hear for your guild members when you aren't even there for yourself"
"My emotions? I guess they were fake. It's been so long that I forgot the difference between real emotion and a fake one I guess, no big deal" I simply state. I don't normally talk about my emotions, like if I'm sad, happy, mad those things I don't talk about.
"When was the last time you were happy nats?"
"You want the truth?"
"Yes Natsu"
"Fifteen years since I was happy, so what. Doesn't mean anything" I say to him but I know he knows better. I know myself though, I stopped being happy because my mother wasn't happy anymore.
Silence passes over us, I lean forward resting my elbows on my knees. Connecting my hands behind my neck.
"Fifteen years ago, what was your life?" master asks me and I take a deep breath. I lived a good life back then. Surround by people who gave out nothing but love.
Looking back at those times, now I know the truth. They weren't happy, they just drank until their emotions were a distant memory.
"I had a family, my sister was alive, my parents were alive, back then everyone was alive," I say. Everyone was alive but were they happy or just pretending like I am now. What makes me truly happy now?
"What happened to them Natsu?"
"I'm done with this conversation" I state before getting up and walking back home. Relief doesn't strike until I see the log home. I enter the house and Lucy greets me with a smile.
But I can't return it. I just continue to my room where I lay on my back in the middle of my bed. My bed dips down heavily. A warm body is next to me. Lucy doesn't say anything but just lays there laying with my pink hair.