|06|

Tessa had been in many situations where she was free falling and thought she was going to die before, it was nothing new. But this time, she was paralyzed, and couldn't stop it from happening. Once she was conscious a moment later, she prayed to God that a miracle would happen and someone would save her, because she had absolutely no control.

She was caught only moments later and heard the whirring of a suit flying her to safety. With a deep gasp she opened her eyes and looked up to see the iron man mask, "Damn, he shot me out of the sky!" The second her body connected with the suit, everything in her powered up again, and she sighed in relief after.

"You need to be more careful, Theresa." Her father lectured and she rolled her eyes, "I'm back for what? Ten minutes? And you're already nagging me. I had it handled until about thirty seconds - wait, the gauntlet! Where's the gauntlet?!"

"Peter has it, we should go join them." He informed, and she nodded, "Well, I think you should carry me there then, Dad."

He laughed above her, "Yeah, I suppose it's the least I could do."

There was a moment of silence as he flew her to Peter's location, which he was tracking through his suit. She looked up at her father, who's mask was up and concealing him. She smiled gently. Never did she think she would miss that suit so much, with its speckles of red and gold and silver, constructed out of nanotechnology. She remembered the countless hours her father spent laboring over this creation, and the first time it ever got used was the day she turned to dust.

"I missed you, Dad." She spoke with a shaky voice suddenly, making him look down at her, his mask coming up a second later. He revealed a cut on his forehead and a smile pulling at his lips, and she smiled breathlessly up at him. She really did miss her father, even though he could be slightly annoying and controlling at times. She was surprised that she even missed the lectures.

"I missed you too, pumpkin. More than you could ever imagine. I promise I won't let anything separate us again, I kind of like having you around." Tony said cheekily, making her laugh, "I guess I kind of like having you around too."

The sounds of whirring machines made them break eye contact, and she looked up with a curious gaze to see a large contraption in the sky, one of Thanos's ships. She tilted her head slightly as she watched machines coming from the ship and pointing out at the battlefield, the centers slowly blooming scarlet.

"What the. . ."

Panic quickly sent into her veins as orange zaps of power jetted out from the center and down to everyone. She hurriedly put her hands up in a desperate attempt to make a shield as a laser shot down at her, but it barely began to glow when it struck.

A shriek escaped her lips as the power separated her from her father, and he frantically cried, "Tessa!" while trying to grab at her, but she was flying in the opposite direction too quickly.

Her hair was blocking her vision as she soared through the sky, not being able to see anything. Her yell didn't stop until she crashed into a dirt hill and tumbled down it, the momentum keeping her going. She whimpered when she skidded to a stop, her side aching as blood seeped through her suit. She sighed while opening her eyes, and saw a beam coming directly at her. She gritted her teeth while pushing herself to the side quickly and rolled away, the blast firing down a moment later.

Unfortunately she didn't move far enough away, and the impact uprooted the ground around it, her going with it. She cried out as she went back into the air and flew away again, hitting the ground a moment later. This time she was quick to ignore the pain flowing through her body and scrambled to her feet, glancing around frantically for shelter. She saw sorcerers from around the world beginning to put up shields and hoard people under them, and she sighed in relief while jogging over.