|05|

Tessa saw yet another group of aliens ganging on someone, this time Strange. She flew down from the sky and landed on one, then quickly raised her arm and shot another. She jumped off and onto the burnt grass and connected her palm to one's chest, making its black eyes turn scarlet, then roll to the back of their head, body tumbling to the floor. She picked up another with telekinesis and flung it away, and noticed a large one, looking like a hybrid from the sledgehammer guy in New York, stomping to her.

She sent a sphere his way, but it deflected it with the armor on its forearm. She sent another to the other side of its body, but another deflection. It was soon right in front of her and swinging its arm sideways at her, and she grabbed it, hands glowing. It lifted up its second hand as she sent a flare of ruby into its chest, making it cry out and stumble back a foot. She clapped her hands together then spread them apart as it walked back over, hand in the air.

The arm was swung down hard and connected to her face and neck, making her cry out and fly into the air while spinning, hair blocking her sight. She landed a few seconds later and tumbled to a stop, laying there for a moment. A groan left her body as the breath got knocked out of her, and she looked up at the sky.

It was mostly grey from all of the smoke from the source that she didn't know, yellow accents from the sun shining in through spaces, allowing her to see. She grunted while pressing a hand to her side, her entire body aching. They weren't even ten minutes in and she was already down, momentarily helpless. And it was most likely only going to get worse from there.

After a moment she rolled into her elbows and knees with a cough, hearing a distant yell of, "Kid, watch out!" She stood up and turned to search for where the source came from, but saw a sledgehammer ramming down at her. So the alien from New York was here.

She didn't even have time to react as the hammer connected with her chest and sent her in the opposite direction. A shriek filled the air as she hurled away from the group of aliens, but quickly hit something hard and fell to the floor with a thud. Strange let down his shield and fired two more shots at the sledgehammer guy, taking him down.

Another groan filled the air as she rubbed her chest, it aching from the hit. She winced while sitting up a second later, hand now going to her head. The man went over and crouched down beside her, putting a hand on her back, "You alright?"

The girl nodded faintly after a second, swiping underneath her nose. She pulled her finger away to see a smear of blood and sighed at the sight, putting her hands on the floor. "That hurt."

He stayed by her side silently, and she sighed again, closing her eyes. She attempted to heal her chest by focusing on the pain and making herself see red, and after a moment, the aching pain was dull. She stood up suddenly and swiped under her nose again, saying, "Alright, we gotta find the gauntlet."

"Theresa." Strange said while taking a step closer to her, and she looked at him with curiosity, "Yeah?"

"We have to figure out what Thanos has planned. We don't even have the slightest clue because this is Thanos from a few years ago, he made a blueprint of finding the stones but hasn't actually tracked any of them down yet. Do you -"

"I can try to read his mind." She answered while swaying from foot to foot, "You just have to help me find him."

"Let's go."

The two both pushed off the ground and soared into the air, flying down the battlefield in desperate search for the mad giant. She scanned the area for any signs of him or the glove, but for a while couldn't find either. Strange stopped in the air a moment later, holding his hand up in front of her. She slowed to a stop and looked around, eyes narrowing on Thanos going against Thor.