chapter thirtyfive ◖ tick tock.. tick.. tock

next chapter is the last :(
butt happy easter, stay safe.
<3
chapter = sad

The early mornings in the Winston's house is always hectic, the dog needs to be taken out, the children need to be up and ready for school, I groan as the second alarm clock goes off. Dally comes out from the shower, a towel barely covering his waist. "Why are you still in bed?" He ask, whipping his long hair that falls in front of his eyes out of the way.

I groan in response, "Sleep!" I sit up on the bed and rub my eyes. I look at my husband up and down, admiring his attractive figure. "All mine.." I say to myself he grins and walks over to me. Planting a soft kiss on my head and caresses my face, "As beautiful as ever." I blush and cover my face shyly, after all these years he still makes me have butterflies in my stomach.

"Now, let's wake our lil devils up." I tell him, he nods his head and walks back into the bathroom to- what I'm guessing- go and change. I walk into the hallway and open the door to our kids room. They sleep peacefully with their hair messy and awkward positions. I go over to PepsiCola and grab his stuff animal, propping it up on his chest. "Mr.Winston you're needed on the battlefield! The evil walrus is terrorizing the city." Dally walks into the room and leans against the door frame. PepsiCola opens his eyes and laughs at my little play, he sits up and salutes.

( i know you shouldn't salute indoors but let's let this slide for our bby boy pepsi 😳 )

"I'm ready for battle!" He stands up and runs to the bathroom getting ready. I walk over to Dally and put my hand on his chest, "Your turn." I smirk evily as he sighs and walks over to Ruby. Ruby has always been very deep sleeper, and once she's awaken it is hell. "Good luck solider." He laughs and tries to wake her up. I walk to the kitchen to begin making breakfast.

I hum a song as I butter the toast for my little ones, dancing along to the music on the radio next to me I smile as I see my three favorite people walk through the hallway. "Good morning sunshine, you sleep well?" I ask Ruby, she looks at me blankly and rubs her eyes. I stiffle a laugh, "What's cooking? Good-lookin'!" Dally smirks and slaps my butt, I slap his bare back with a towel and give him the side eye. "Not in front of the kids." I look back and see Pepsi and Ruby waiting patiently at the table.

I grab their plates and set them down in front of them, a big smile on their faces. I feel warm in this house, this house has a lot of memories and hope. Dally comes up from behind and hugs me, he lays his chin on my shoulder.

"Just wait until were some old farts lookin' after this place." I laughed and smiled, "I don't want them to grow up..."

they grew up all right.

NARRATOR P.O.V

(Y/n) and Dally watched as their children began to flourish, at that exact kitchen table where they ate every morning and evening she payed attention to them. She noticed how Pepsi's facial features began to change, he reminded (Y/n) so much of Sodapop it hurt. And Ruby, she grew to be one of the prettiest girls in her school as some would say, some called her Medusa. Not because she was ugly oh no, because when you looked into her Ruby like eyes you would turn to stone.

She remembers the first time Pepsi brought home a girl, and when Ruby had her first sleepover, or even when the two graduated. She remembered all of that, she watched as Dally fiddled with his tie when he walked Ruby down the aisle on her wedding day. She could never forget such a beautiful moment. Or when she held Pepsi's first born daughter, she cherished those moments.

But..

Her most cherished moments were the ones with Dally. When they had their first kiss, when they held hands, when they "borrowed" the motorcycle from the randon man, their wedding, their first born child, their second born, anytime with Dally was filled with adventure and love.

She couldn't live without him, and he couldn't either. They were soulmates, they were meant to fall in love and that's what they did. They knew there'd be lots of obstacles but they made it through all of them.

Their love was powerful enough, but not when (Y/n) fell sick..

DALLY'S P.O.V

I wake up from another nightmare over these past few weeks my nights are spent with no sleep or waking up in a cold sweat, I quickly look to the side and see (Y/n) still sound asleep. I sigh in relief and crack my back, I turn once I hear the bed shuffle. "Dally?" Her voice still sends butterflies to my stomach, I turn around and see her old face. Her grey hair lays just above her shoulders, her eyes filled with love, her soul still has youth.

"Yes?" She looks down and fiddles with her wedding ring, I take her hand and look her in the eye. "I'm scared.." My eyes soften as tears stream down her face, I try and wipe some away. "Why? I'm not leaving you anytime soon.." She looks me in the eye and frowns. "That's the scariest part, my times gonna be up soon. I-i don't wanna leave.. I can't leave you." I bite my lip and bring our foreheads together. We stay like that for a while, just the sound of our breathing fills our ears.

tick tock..

"I love you.." She whispers, her frail voice sends tears down my face. She laughs quietly, "Guess you aren't so tough after all, huh?" As she continue to speak more tears fall, I kiss her.

Our noses touch as I break the kiss, "You mean more than the world to me.. You can't leave yet." I tell her, she holds my hand and gives me her wedding ring. As well as the necklace I gave her when we were younger.

2 hours already passed.. I think

"We will meet again.. it'll just take a while for us.." She lays back down, a small smile never leaving her face as the clock ticks. "I don't think I'll ever be able to express how much you truly mean to me Dally. Everything feels like slow motion, this will be the last time she ever smiles, the last time she ever says I love you, the last time she ever gets to dream.

Cause that girl is a dreamer..

"Hey (Y/n)..?" Her eyes move to look at me, her lips chapped. "D-do you remember the first time we actually hung out.. like just us two?" She nods her head slowly, a lump in my throat forms as the words try to come out. "And.. you asked me where I'd see myself in five years an-and i said dead.." Sodapop comes in my mind when I say the word dead, it was so unexpected.

tick.. tock... tick

"T-than I asked you the same question and you said me.." She nods her head and takes a big gulp, her mouth opens.

"You said you'd be with me, and than I said in your dreams.. t-than." I break down, my hand shakes as I bring it to my forehead to try and cover my face. She moves like a sloth, she brings my hand down and holds it. I can't look at her..

"I said I'm a dreamer, but.."

tock.

I look back at her, my ears ring and everything stops. Her heart stopped at that very moment and all the memory of us left her, her own youth did. As if I could see her soul roam around the room I could tell she was free, she was moving around again. I held her hand as the nurses tried to pull me out, I yelled and screamed like a little kid in that place.

My heart felt broken and my kind felt foggy. But, I felt her touch around me. I felt her hands trail up and down my back, her lips kiss my forehead, I even heard her voice.

"I'll be in your dreams tonight.. my love."