chapter three ◖ drive-in

Ponyboy, Dally, Johnny and me were all planning on going to the Nightly Double later tonight. I wanted to go out and have some fun tonight so I dressed somewhat decent- if a pair of jeans and a cropped shirt with a leather jacket and some chunks count, than sure I'd say decent.

"Pony, Johnny let's go!" I yell for them, I hear Ponyboy yell something back but I'm too busy looking at the sky. It sure is an amazing sight.

"You ready?" Johnny ask me, I nod my head and pull my hair back. We make our way to the place Dally told us to meet him. He's standing there lighting a cigarette, "Were early." I stay awfully quiet right now, I don't know why its just one of those days.

I don't wanna be here right now, ever since Dally said that about me I just haven't felt the same.

But.. Who cares ya know? It's not like we were ever a thing, or that we'll ever be a thing. Gosh, he can be such a jerk sometimes.

"Hey! Doll face, you gonna stand there like a statue or keep up?" I look at him and just start walking. "Is she okay?" Johnny ask Pony, "I don't know." He whispers, he walks to me and takes my hand, rubbing circles around my wrist. I winch in pain, the cuts and bruises from the handcuffs are still there.

"Did you do that?" He ask, I look at him in shock. "Oh no.. Never Pony. I'd never do such a thing." He nods his head and looks at the ground, "Good, I can't lose another family member."

"What are you two shits talking about?" Dally ask, I continue walking. "Do you ever shut up?" I ask him, he grabs the back of my jacket and pulls me to him. My backside is against his front and I can feel his hot breath trail down my neck.

"What'd you say to me?" I scoff, "I said, do you ever shut up?" He wraps his arms around me, he whispers in my ear. "No.. but I know how to shut you up." A knot in my stomach forms, I don't like this. "Hm, and how would you do that?" I ask him, I'm walking on a thin line here but I have an idea.

"Like this.." He turns me over so now we're both facing each other and he slowly leans in, his lips are right by my nose. I move up so now if I talk my lips will graze his, I smirk.

"I thought I wasn't your type." That's all I say as I walk off with Johnny and Ponyboy. Dally is left dumbfounded... and guilty.

It hurt you in a way to say that, maybe because you were never gonna be anyone's type. With that, a sigh escapes my mouth and we just walk to waste time.

... ... . . . ..

"Let's crawl under." Johnny tells us, Dally goes first, than Pony, than me, than Johnny last. Dally hasn't talked to me ever since I said that. Damn right, I proved him wrong.

We walk past socs fighting with their boyfriends, one looks very familiar but I can't put my finger on it. We hop over the fenched spot for the seats and sit down. I sit next to Pony and Johnny, "You guys want anything?" I ask them, they both answer and I nod my head.

"Yeah get me one too." Dally says, locking eyes with a soc like it's his next prey. I roll my eyes and go get our drinks. By our, I mean Johnny's, Pony's and I. I hold the three cokes and hand them to them, I notice Dally talking dirty to one of the socs we saw earlier.

"Leave her alone Dal, she ain't interested." I tell him, he looks at me in a disgusted manner. He lights a cigarette and leans back on his chair, putting his feet on the seat in front of him. He loses balance and fulls to the ground, I couldn't help but laugh. Hell, we all thought that was pretty funny.

"Dumbass." I whisper under my breath, he glares at me- so I return one back. He gets up and continues talking dirty to her. "Dal, leave her alone." This time Johnny speaks up, I smile at him. Speaking up to Dally is something others don't have the balls to do, I do it because I'm not scared of him. Hell, he's just a-

"What'd you say you little shit-"

"Don't talk to him like that." I reply darkly, the tone of my voice symbolizes that I'm not messing around. Dally spits on the ground and looks at me, he grabs the back on my jacket- again -and pulls me up. "You're coming with me, baby." Gosh, in a moment like this I wish he didn't have to talk to me like that.

"Awh, is little doll blushing." He makes fun of me, I give him a stern look. "Shut it, what'd you want?" I ask him, he grabs my wrist and pins me against the fence. I try not to show pain from how tightly he's grabbing my bruised wrist but I can't help it.

A small whimper comes out of my mouth, his eyes widen and he let's go. "Shit.. I'm sorry. I forgot." I look down at my wrist, it's bleeding. "It's.. fine." I slide down against the fence. He does the same. "I wish things were different, ya know?" He says, I'm shocked that he's talking about a topic like this.

"What do you mean?" I ask him, he turns to me. His soft brown eyes that everyone fears are filled with lost. "You know what I mean.." I nod my head. He means, he doesn't like the labels either. He doesn't like the act he has to pull around people, but he has to force it out. He doesn't like being declared weak either. I run a hand through my hair, standing up I dust off my jeans.

"We should head back." I tell him, he shakes his head. "I know when I'm not wanted." He stands up and starts walking away, I watch him leave. A part of me wants to chase after him and just hold him tightly, while another part of me just wants to walk from my problems. I chose to walk. I'm too tired from all this stress.

"Yo, (Y/n)." I turn around, he smiles. A rare smile that I for once got to see in a while. "When I said you weren't my type, I was lying." I raises an eyebrow, telling him to go on.

"you've always been my type."