chapter twentyseven ◖ lunatic

WARNING

there will be some scenes that could trigger someone from abuse and strong amount of language.

you have been warned.

"Hey buttercup, wanna do something fun?" I look up from the book I was reading and stare at his sneaky smirk. "Your definition of fun scares me." He laughs and sits next to me, laying his head on my shoulder. "Babycakes, I scare a lot of people." I smile and play with his hand. "Not me boy."

"Hah, but let's do somethin'." He gets up and holds my hand trying to drag me up, "Like what?" He lifts me up all the way and smirks once his eyes trail up and down my body, "Nothing legal." I roll my eyes as he kisses me unexpectedly. "Fine, but I ain't gettin' thrown in after what Darry told us. We gotta prove him wrong." He nods his head and we both exit the house walking around aimlessly.

"Where are we going?" I ask him after us walking around for about 15 minutes, he suspiciously walks across the path we were on. "Dally-" He puts his finger over his lips, "Shhh.." I nod my head and keep quiet, we continue going through the woods until we're in an open field. I look around and see an abandoned building, it's covered with spray paint. "Woah.." I'm amazed at how open and peaceful this field is, we walk closer to the abandoned building.

"How'd you find this place?" I ask him, he pulls a flashlight and the light brighten up the room. "I had to hide from the police and found this place on accident." I walk around, trailing my fingers against the beautiful artwork. Some of the paint marks my finger, "This isn't dry.. someone's been here earlier." He comes over to inspect the artwork, there's no tag for the work so it's unknown who made this.

CRASH!

We both turn around and see what could've made that noise, "This place better not be haunted." He waves me off and stands in front of me protectively, "Probably just an animal." I nod my head and continue moving to the upstairs, Dally shines the light for me and follows close behind. "Careful.." He mumbles every time I almost miss a step, "I'm okay.." There's a huge gap left that use to connect the steps with the second floor. "We gotta jump it."

He looks at the hole, it's pretty big but if you can jump you can make it. "Be care-" I jump across the giant hole and land gracefully, "ful." He does the same thing and lands right next to me, he sends a cocky eyebrow raise and smirks. I roll my eyes and continue looking around, less graffiti is on the walls but it's still well made. "Look at the sunset." I mention, pointing out of the window. He walks over to me and hugs me from behind laying his head on my shoulder, "It really is nice." I nod my head as we watch the golden sunset.

It's crazy how well the colors can mix, the orange perfectly blends in with the pinkish red with the yellow at the top. It's stunning, I could get lost in the colors. The warmth makes me feel at home, I take a deep breath of the fresh air. Everything feels right, as if nothing can ruin this moment.

But boy was I wrong.

CRASH

I jump slightly, Dally looks behind us and grabs the flashlight. I stop him before he could turn it on, "Stop.. someone's down there." He puts the flashlight down and licks his lips, "Who?" I shrug my shoulders and walk cautiously to the steps; listening closely if I could hear anything else happening. Dally moves behind me and leans over my body, "Shh." I tell him, he nods his head and lowers his breathing volume. We hear the distang whispers from downstairs.

"What were you thinking!" A deep voice yells, another crash follows behind it. A shaken voice responds, "I-i just thought he could've help.." I can hear the fear in her voice, I try and move closer to what's happening but the hole is blocking my way.

"I killed his father for crying out loud! You know how much this can ruin me, ruin us!" A slapping noise can be heard as another crash unfolds, the sound of a woman crying makes my heart ache. "I just thought-"

"Thought what! Thought you could help me on your own? You're nothing without me, you disgusting piece of shit!" The sounds of someone kicking another person makes me want to throw up, I try my hardest not to jump over the hole and just attack whoever's doing this but Dally holds me tight. "You could've killed her when you had the chance, you've seen her so many times in the hospital. Hey maybe even get rid of the boy you're so deeply in love with." His disgusting laugh makes my blood boil, but who are they talking about.

"She'll be dead soon.. and so will he." The sound of a gun cocking sends shivers down both Dally and I's back as we scoot back from the staircase. "They will.." Her strained voice says, the footsteps from the man are heavy and loud. "They better be or you'll be the one dead.." The voice gradually gets louder as me and Dally continue scooting back, my stomach drops as the floor creeks.

Silence.

"Who's there?"

I now realize who that is. It's him.. the one who's been after me since day one. "I said who's up there!"

Bang!

I scream at the sudden gunshot, Dally covers my mouth quickly after muttering many swear words. "I know that scream, it's my beautiful princess." Dally stands strong this time, "Hey man chill the fuck out!" His laugh mocks us as the steps on the stairs creak. We hit the edge of the window, the cracked glass makes everything unsettling. "We gotta jump."

"Princess.."

He punches the glass, he flinches in pain as blood runs down his hand. "Dally-" He looks down, it's a high jump. "We gotta do it!" I look around trying to find an easier way out but there is nothing, "It's been too long hasn't it?" He's finally reached the top, but he's stuck between the hole. I see the girl follow him behind quietly, my eyes widen at her state.

Her hairs a mess and her arms badly cut, bruises upon bruises paint her arms but she still has a determined look. She outs her finger up as her hair now falls from her face, it's the nurse from the hospital. Annabelle.

Why is she with him? Did she send those notes? Why didn't she kill me sooner? So many questions run through my mind I'm overwhelmed by all this, I give Dally a fearful look. He nods his head, "Yo man.. you can let us go and it'd all be cool alright? Ain't no one needs to be hurt, just-"

"God dammit I didn't come all this for your pitiful speech! I know who you are Dallas Winston, you don't have that clean of a record yourself!" He yells, "Hey! This ain't about me alright you fucking lunatic-"

"What'd you call me?" The venom in his voice is poisonous, he lifts his gun up as the girl begins to panic. He cocks it, he aims at us and than he smirks. "I said you're a fucking lunatic man! Go-"

the bullet came quick, but we were quicker.