chapter | seventeen

chapter | s e v e n t e e n:

Mazie was in her art-studio sitting on her stool that faced a window which overlooked her neighbors huge maple tree. she had a paintbrush in her left hand she was gonna try and paint the maple tree, which she had mastered doing with her right hand, maybe, just maybe she would be decent with her left hand.

she dipped her brush in a very dark grey color for the trunk of the tree. her hand was shaking, making the line go everywhere, which pissed Mazie off to no extent. she got annoyed and colored the whole sheet dark grey, then with white she wrote - well, tried to write - in all capitals 'why'.

she started crying, and her mother being the worrywart she is, rushed into Mazie's art-studio. she was met by her baby crying whilst sitting in front of her grey canvas with bright white words scrolled across the page. her mum walked in and closed the door behind her, she walked softly up to Mazie and hugged her. Mazie broke even more and she was shaking whilst in her mothers arms.

"shhh, baby, it's okay. it's gonna be okay," her mum whispered.

"what if I've screwed up my hand bad enough to the point of not being able to not use it properly again, mum? art is the only thing I've got!" Mazie said.

"it's okay, it's gonna be okay, everything's gonna be okay," her mum repeated.