epilogue

e p i l o g u e:

there she was, standing in all of her beauty and glory. my god, did she look... beautiful. she was across the street from him. she had a black leather bag hanging off her right shoulder, when she noticed him, her eyes widened slightly, and she got on her tippy toes and waved, he smiled and waved back. she bit her lip and shook her head, she went back to listening to her music and walking towards him. she was most definitely not the same girl he fell in love with all those years ago, but neither was he. he wasn't the same and he hadn't expected her to be the same person she was when they were sixteen and love was so new and unfamiliar to each of them, it was all so bitter sweet and unforgettable.

she looks different, not as girlish, not as young. her hair is the same color it's always been, and her face is more full than it was way back when. she's not as thin, or as cold. she's warm to the touch, and you can't see her bones any longer. he remembers everything as he looks at her beautiful, lovely, captivating brown eyes. she can see him remembering, it's almost like she can see a slideshow of their memories in his honey brown eyes. she runs a hand through her hair, remembering, too. she pulled her headphones out of her ears and wrapped them around her phone. she then put her phone in her bag, she looked before crossing the street to him.

"Shawn," she smiled, and ran the rest of the way to him, so she could hug him.

"Mazie," he said hugging her tighter. "god, I missed you, baby."

"I missed you, too," Mazie said, placing a soft kiss on his jawline. "how was the tour?"

"it was okay, but next part of the tour, you're coming, I missed you too much," he said putting his finger under her chin and bringing her head up and kissing her lips, quite gingerly.

she smiled and let go of the hug, as did he. they then intertwined their hands and headed towards the art shop.

"it honestly feels a little surreal that you're finally home," Mazie said, she then grabbed his arm and put it around her shoulders, then she wrapped her arms around his waist, and buried her head in his chest, and smiled. she felt at home with him, and he felt at home with her.

"I know, baby, I know," Shawn said, and then kissed the top of her head.

they got to the little art store, which was her favourite in town, and she went to the oil paints. "look, Shawn! oh god, they're on sale, I've been painting a lot, and I've widened my horizon, and I'm painting literally everything."

"aw baby, that's great," Shawn said, smiling at her sweetly. he tore his gaze off her, and looked at the front of the store, and by the time he looked back at Mazie, her arms were almost full, different shades of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple, all stacked in her arms, he laughed. "got enough paint there, Maze?"

"you can never have enough!" Mazie said, smiling widely, then she bit her lip.

"you're so adorable, baby," Shawn said.

"I'm not, but, thanks," Mazie offered a small smile.

"but you are, baby! I promise," Shawn said.

"all promises are meant to be broken, Shawn," Mazie shrugged. she still had a load of insecurity problems, but she's working through them.

"shh baby, I love you, and you are adorable!" Shawn said, leaning down a little bit to kiss her nose. Mazie smiled and looked down, blushing. They were both thinking about how they couldn't find anyone else better in the world, they knew that they fit together like puzzle pieces and that those puzzle pieces would never be lost. Shawn loved Mazie more than he ever loved anything and Mazie loved Shawn more than she has ever loved anything. "alright, are you done? I wanna get back to the house, I'm feeling a little anxious."