9 // exciting thrilling

The dreaded exam week Jena needs to go through is finally over. She spends her days resting in her room, watching netflix shows some of her peers recommended, and mostly studying. It may seem like an odd thing to do during vacation but it is a must for Wonderland Academy students.

During her activites, she can't take her mind of Yunho and his goofy smile, how it can brighten up her day. Jena was acting like a teenager in love, which she maybe is. Yunho had also visited her house a couple of times, being nothing but rude to Jena. He would sometimes initiate conversations with her when Jena made some snacks for herself, and even joked around her.

Jena sighs for the nth time, eyes focusing on the mechanical pencil in her hand. "Okay. What's up with you? Why are you sighing so much?" Jena snaps out of her trance and looks up, meeting the stare of her bestfriend. The both of them are currently in the school's library, the one rumored to be open twenty-four hours a day except for weekends. "Nothing's wrong." Jena said nonchalantly, she clicks her mechanic pencil and the lead broke off.

"You don't lie to your bestfriend of eight years my darling." The girl scoffed, "as I, Seo Sehui knows Shin Jena very well." She puts a hand over her chest and proudly beams. "Now tell me what the matter is." Sehui crosses her arms and leaned in further, urging Jena to tell her what's happening.

"I— " Jena sighed, "tell me Hui, have you ever been in love?" She hesitantly asked. Sehui sat up straight, blinks a few time until her jaw drops open. "Are you telling me that Shin Jena, who's never fallen in love before, is now 'in love' with someone?!" She shrieked.

Jena sushed Sehui before the got kicked out of the library. "Oops, sorry." Sehui covered her mouth and slouched back, "tell me everything girl." she sets her hands on the mahagony table and blinked.

Jena proceeded to tell Sehui everything, from how Yunho climbed into the wrong window, the sisters' plan, until to the faithful day Jena felt something for him. "But I feel so guilty Hui, I mean, Jane's gonna break up with him soon but it will seem like I'm the reason why they broke up." Jena rested her cheek on her hand, sighing.

Sehui grabbed Jena's hands, her head almost bumping to the table, "Honey that's great!" Sehui beamed at her, "yet awful at the same time." Her smile slowly falls, rethinking Jena's position and how the public will view her. "I think that you should keep it to yourself first, no one, I repeat, no.one." Sehui emphasized, "should know about this." The both of them sat there in silence, hand in hand, eyes staring at each other. Someone might have mistook them for being a couple if they don't know who they are.

"I'll try my best Hui." Jena let her hands go, "but I'm not sure about Jane though, she knows me like the back of her hand." Jena took her water bottle and rests her chin on top of it. "Still, try your best." Sehui crossed her legs and picked up her mechanical pencil. "Now that this is sorted out, let's get back to business." Sehui wore her glasses and focused back on the physics question laid infront of her.

Jena smiled thinly and took her own mechanical pencil, looking down to the math problem and start to work on it. The pair studied the whole evening, ocassionaly leaving their station to get a fresh breathe of air. As it is time for them to leave, the both of them packed their bags and got out of the academy grounds.

On their way to the nearest bus stop, Jena encountered a very familiar face. "Jane! What's up!" The male said. Sehui turned to Jena, a clear confusion on her face. "O-oh, Hey Wooyoung, Seonghwa." Jena acknowledged the both of them, pinching Sehui on her thighs slightly so that she won't say anything suspicious.

Wooyoung dragged Seonghwa to where the two girls are standing, "Who is this? never knew you had another female friend besides Danbi." Wooyoung glanced at Sehui, ot recognizing the new face. "This is Seo Sehui, a girl I just met." Jena nudged Sehui so she would introduce herself. "Hi." She simply said.

Wooyoung raised his hand and waved at her, "My name is Jung Wooyoung and this is Park Seonghwa, We're Jane's friends from KQ High." Wooyoung brightly said despite the cold greeting Sehui gave. "We need to go now!" Jena couldn't stand the awkward silence and yeet herself of, dragging Sehui with her.

"They're gorgeous! Oh My Lord!" Sehui squealed, "I love the Seonghwa guy already." Sehui linked her arm with Jena's and the both of them walked down the street. "Oh my gosh, Jen! I have the greatest idea of all time." Sehui sat up straight, they are currently sitting down on the bus stop, waiting for the right bus to come. "What is it?" Jena asked back, she knew that the idea Sehui proposing is gonna be either stupid or dumb, no difference? exactly.

"You should move to KQ High!"

I knew it. Stupid Sehui