23: Awkward Encounters & The Empress

Start from the beginning

"Uh, hahaha um, but why me? It could be anyone else."

"Because you're beautiful. I really don't mean to be weird but, could you please do me the honor?"

'Oh shit. I don't want to do it. But I also don't know how to tell him no. WHAT THE HELL DO I DO?'  You do your internal panic thing and look for answers.

"Sorry, but she's taken."

'Kakyoin?'

Your eyes dart to where the voice came from and you see Kakyoin and Jotaro standing over the two of you. 'HOW THE HELL DO THEY KEEP SNEAKING UP ON ME?'

"Oh? You didn't mention that miss. I apologize. Um, which one of you is her boyfriend? I want to apologize to you too," Kai says in fear of the two gigantic teenagers in front of you.

"I am," Kakyoin and Jotaro say at the same time.

What.
Is.
HAPPENING?
You blush a dark crimson and you feel light-headed.

Kai chuckles nervously and looks at you confused, "Uh... Miss, y-you have t-two boyfriends?"

You look towards Jotaro and Kakyoin and then back at Kai a few times, "I... uh... these are... they're... um. Can you repeat the question?"

Kai looks at you with sweat dripping down his forehead, "I'll take my leave now. I'm sorry to have caused trouble. Have a good trip." He says as he tries to calmly scramble away. You watch him retreat. You don't want to turn around and face your two supposed 'boyfriends'.

"Y/n," Kakyoin calls you. You cringe and turn back to face him and Jotaro. "Are you okay? We heard the conversation and then we heard you stop talking, so we stepped in."

"Mmhm." You hum. You didn't know if you had the strength to be able to answer him in a coherent sentence.

"Are you feeling sick? You're a bit red. Is this an after effect from the rage shield?" Kakyoin asks.

"Rage shield?" Jotaro asks.

"It's a new shield. It sends her into a blind rage and, Hol Horse ended up messing with her and Polnareff a little too much and it was activated. She didn't have control over herself and was overtaken by the blind rage." Kakyoin answers him.

"Yare, yare. Are you okay?" Jotaro asks you.

"Mmhm," you respond.

"What's wrong? You're not talking." Jotaro says.

"Did we do something wrong?" Kakyoin says worriedly.

'Yes! And no... Ah! Why is this so confusing???'

"Huh?" You say still dazed. Jotaro and Kakyoin just look at each other.

"Hey! What're you guys doing? Let's get going. We don't have time to just stand around!" Polnareff says, breaking the weird mood. You all had turned to face him so, you felt relieved to have their eyes off of you. You start walking, with both boys on either side of you. You felt uncomfortable, but not because of them, but because of how awkward you were being when they were completely normal. You all finally get on the bus and you sit next to Joseph to avoid any other similar awkward interactions with Jotaro and Kakyoin.