23: Awkward Encounters & The Empress

A loud scream is heard and the sound of someone collapsing and a wooden staff hitting the ground is followed not long after. Enya... she falls to the floor, realizing her son had died.

"My... My precious son! He's died just now. I can sense the poor misfortune that has befallen, Centerfold, through the connection we share as a family."

Suddenly, she has a hard time breathing and she's covered in similar wounds that were given to Centerfold before he died.

"Is this... this sensation is making it hard to breathe. Is it perhaps that wretched breathing apparatus Y/n was wearing in the images on the orb? These wounds... these were given by Polnareff! I can sense it, I can sense it through this pain you felt before you died, Centerfold!" Enya cries out.

"Lady Enya, are you alright? Is there anything I can do?" B/f says as she kneels down to console the crying woman.

"Silence! We must send the next stand user at once! We shall send the Empress before that shit storm leaves! Your dear friend will be punished, once she gets here! She has taken part in the death of my son!" Enya yells in frustration. "Get up! You need to send her now!" Enya grabs B/f by the arm and drags her to their lord. "They will all know pain when the Empress serves them justice!"

"Yes, Lady Enya."

...

The group starts to walk away from where you were all standing when Hol Horse got away. You all were kind of like a flock of birds in flight, with Joseph leading you all, Polnareff behind him, talking to Nena about her mistakes being with and loving Hol Horse, and Jotaro and Kakyoin just walk side by side behind them. You remain quiet and walk a little behind the entire group. You still needed to process everything. The stand fights, the emotions, and your whole new life... it was real. It still took you by surprise all the time, that this wasn't a dream. You were continuing to stroll behind the group thinking to yourself when a boy around your age walks next to you.

"Hello, I'm Kai. I was just strolling by and I couldn't help but notice you."

'Is this a stand user?'

You mentally call out your stand and he doesn't react to your shield appearing on your arm. You pull out your screen and you don't see his stats. 'He's not a stand user. So what does he want with me?' You put away your stand and talk to him.

"Um, hello...Uh, did you need something from me?" You say trying not to be rude.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Am I bothering you? I had just wanted to talk to you. I can leave," He says politely.

'Shiz. Now I feel bad.'

"Oh! No, no. I just wasn't sure. We can talk, but I'm kind of traveling with some people, so it may not be for that long."

"Oh really? Where are you headed?" Kai asks.

"To Egypt. We have some business there," You say simply, you weren't about to go into detail.

"Oh, that's cool. But there was something I wanted to ask you."

'Oh no. I knew there was a catch.'

"Oh, sure." You say, now nervous.

"Well you see, I've never had my first kiss, and I saw you. I couldn't bring myself not to talk to you. I'm sorry if it makes you uncomfortable, but I did have to ask if you could be my first kiss." You were shocked. He wanted you to be his first kiss? You've had a lady grant you a wish to live in a made-up universe, a vampire give you a special ability, a monkey talk to you and you could understand it. All of that... and this kind of thing STILL managed to catch you off guard. You stop walking and you turn to look at him.