Twenty-Four

"Tilly!" Her eyes shoot up as she leaves customs, grinning as she sees the dark curls and eyes of the closest thing she's ever had to a big sister.

"Annabelle! What are you doing here?" Tilly grins.

"Mom had an appointment so I came instead. How are you, gorgeous girl?"

"So good, Ann, so good. Fuck, it's been so long since I've seen you."

"Adulting problems." The girl laughs, "Catch me up, fill me in. I want to know about this boy of yours. About making up with Drew, about everything."

"It might take a bit." Tilly laughs as her phone buzzes in her hand, connecting to the data plan it's connected to in the US.

"I'm taking you to lunch, because I planned on it taking a bit."

"I'm not saying no to that."

Band Boy
Hope your flight
was good, let me
know when you've
landed. I love you,
AG.

Animal Girl
Just got through
customs in New
York. Hoping to
see you soon.
I love you too.

Lunch with Annabelle is not long enough in Tilly's eyes, but she also has to get to her doctors appointment so she can be cleared for work again. Drew is leading a student expedition off the cost of California next week and she is planning to be part of it. No way she can be diving with a plaster cast still on her wrist.

"Hows the arm feel?" The doctor asks as he comes in with a folder of what she assumes are the x-ray they took after removing the cast.

"Great." She smiles.

"Really?" He cocks an eyebrow at her.

"Stiff, but it hasn't been used in weeks, so that is expected right? It really isn't painful though." She nods.

"Alright. Well, I'm going to give you a brace to wear when you're doing anything that might put a large amount of pressure on it, or when you're doing anything physical with your arms alright?"

"Is it waterproof this time?"

"I can give you two. So one is always dry." He nods, chuckling softly.

"Thanks, doc." She grins.

"What adventure are you headed on next, Tilly?"

"Helping a friend with a research expedition, his students from last semester are doing it, in the Marine reserves off the LA coast."

"Wear a brace while in the water." He nods, moving her wrist this way and that, feeling for issues with the pointer finger and thumb of his other hand.

"Yes, sir. You know I do as I'm told. If I don't I risk being out of commission for so much longer."

"Everything feels fine. Wait here and I'll grab those braces for you."

"Thanks, doc." She grins.

Glancing at her phone she calculates the time difference from New York to Switzerland. Slightly disappointed by the difference, Calum is probably busy and then headed to bed. They play a festival there tomorrow.