Chapter 13: One Thing I Know Now

Ricky's POV

I woke up to the sound of laughter and the smell of pancakes. After forcing myself out of bed as a normal teenager does, food is the priority and the smell of pancakes was driving me crazy. 

I walked down the stairs and the smell and sound just got louder. 

"No Seth don't you dare," Jordan threatened.

"You can't stop me,'' Seth yelled back. 

"Children calm dow-okay woah what's going on here?''  I had walked into the kitchen to find Jordan hovering over Seth about to punch him while he laid defenseless on the floor. 

"Ricky just tell me to punch him."

"Why? You guys were finally getting along and now this." 

"He insulted THE pancakes" 

"Punch him."

"RICKY! You're my best friend and you're just going let her punch me?!" Seth whined in terror. 

"Yes, you don't mess with Grandam Lawson's pancakes."

"B-but, we had something special. Ricky please I need my face! FOR ELLIE" 

Jordan got off him, "You're lucky you have her or that eye would be a beautiful shade of purple." 

The two were going to start fighting again and it was going to drive me crazy, "So how was your date?" 

They looked at each other and then walked out the door grabbing their phones. 

Seth's POV

"The look on his face was priceless," I said between fits of laughter. 

"I'm going to come up with a ridiculous story to tell him now."

"Just tell me what it is so we can prank him."

"Won't forget, I loved pranking Ricky as a kid."

"And I love pranking him now. We go all out for prank week every single year."

"Well I would love to hear more of your stories which I will use against Ricky sometime in the future, but you should be getting home before your family gets worried about you."

"Fine, but when do I get to see you again?"

"Monday I guess. I driving to go see Dad, and I'll be back Sunday, but I have to work."

"Well when does your shift end?"

"Nine or ten depending on the amount of help they need"

"I guess I'll just have to see you on Monday, even though I don't want to." 

The corners of her mouth pulled up, making a small smile visible, "I have an idea if you're up to it."

"Okay, depending on how crazy it is, I'll go with it."

"Why don't you come with me. We can have a mini road trip."

"That sounds like fun, but are you sure we'll be back by Sunday?

"Positive"

"I'm in, if Mom lets me go. I'll just text her and then grab some clothes from upstairs and we can leave." I sent her a quick text. 

"That works for me. Be ready by one. We can grab bagels and stuff on our way there."

"I can go! Thank you Mom!" 

"Go get your shit together and we'll leave" 

_-_-_- Le Time Skip (The memories for all you old readers) -_-_-_

"Seth hurry up! I swear you are talking more time than I did when I went to prom." 

"I'm here, calm down."

"Finally, took you long enough. Ricky I'll be back on Sunday!" Jordan grabed may arm and dragged me to her car.

"No need to manhandle me," I joked. 

"Shut up and get in. We need to get there by seven and its a four hour drive without stops." 

"It's that far?"

"Yup and there is no turning back." She started driving and locked the doors. 

"You are evil, but it's kinda cute."

"I could be kidnapping you and then killing you in the woods Seth, but I won't cause Dad will probably want to help. He has a thing against my boyfriends."

"What happened to your prom date? Is he you know, gone..." I acted all nervous for effect, 

"No, Dad actually liked my prom date. I did too."

"Wait you have a boyfriend, and expect me to win over some guy who you've know for over a year!"

How could I have not made sure that she doesn't have a boyfriend. I mean she shouldn't cause that would just ruin the point of the whole deal.

"No, I broke up with him a while ago," I let out a sigh of relief. 

"But you liked him. Why would you break up with him," I was just getting curious. I wanted to know more about her. She was killing me from the inside.

"I took one glance and decided I didn't want him. He was player going to break my heart like every other girl who had ever seen him. Somehow he knew who I was, would say hi to me when I walked by and we became closer.

One night he just asked me out, and he was the perfect guy at first. Sweet, funny, chivilrious, and smart. We were together for a little less than a year, and it was amazing.

The guys liked him, he almost passed the test. It was Jace and Jordan vs the world, unitl I found out he was cheating on me for the past few months and that the only reason he was with me in the first place was a stupid bet. 

I was just a stupid bet, worth nothing to him. After that I became the person that I am now."

Her eyes were glassy, waiting for the tears to spill out. 

"Jordan, I didn't mean to dig so much. I'm sorry, and that Jace guy clearly missed out on the amazing person you are."

"Thanks Seth's, but you don't need to sugarcoat the truth."

"I'm not! You are amazing. Maybe this 'messed up' version of yourself that you see isn't so messed up. I am supposedly whipped, as the guys on the football team would call it for a reason."

That managed to bring a smile to her face. Everything was true, maybe I am whipped.  

"Seth if there is one thing I know now, it's that you aren't a douchebag, an asshat, or an immature kid. So thank you." 

We just looked at each other for a few short seconds before turning back to the road ahead of us. 

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Hello my amazing readers,  I know this is late, but Thanksgiving and shopping = a tired Lost, who can't write.

Anyway enjoy and leave you comment down below on this chapter. What do think about Seth and Jace? 

Please vote and all that stuff. 

<3 Lost