E N D E A V O U R || xxiv

Magsimula sa umpisa

"...Uh, tomorrow?" Summer and Emilia looked at each other before looking at Elizabeth.

"Yeah I'm free tomorrow I'll come," Emilia said before Summer nodded,

"Me too, I'll come with you." Elizabeth smiled at the two as they ate their breakfast, not knowing how much their words meant to the girl in front of them.

-
The Next Day

Elizabeth walked into the Slytherin changing rooms and stood in front of the mirror staring at herself.

She brought her hands down her face in nervousness, slumping down onto a bench behind her, breathing speeding up slightly. Oh Merlin if they ever found out, I should stop. I should run back to the library where I'm best fit. Why did I even think to do this- no. I need to calm down. Elizabeth took a deep breath.

The girl shook her head, puffing out her cheeks, 

No, no. I'm doing this. I am going to do this. 

After Elizabeth had put on her brown boots she walked outside the tent suddenly getting ambushed by a certain Gryffindor. "Betsy! What are you doing?!" Sirius said, concern clear on his face while he grabbed Elizabeth's forearm tightly, making her wince. He noticed this and let go, worry on his face, "Sorry, but Be-"

"Sirius, shut up will you?" The blonde said with a bit of annoyance in her voice, "I'm trying out to be the Slytherin Beater is what I'm doing, what does it concern you?!"

Sirius looked in shock of some sort, "What does it concern me?! You could get seriously hurt, especially as a beater-"

"Don't you think I know this? You're not going to stop me, so either support me or go away." Elizabeth said in rebuttal, her frustration rising.

He stared at her for a moment before sighing and holding a hand on his face, "I just don't want you to get hurt."

The Slytherin held a hand out and put it on Sirius' cheek, "I know. But I won't. Okay?"

After a couple of seconds, Sirius reluctantly accepted he wouldn't change her mind and nodded," Fine...bu-"

"Everyone trying out for the beater position please come to the field!" An loud voice called from the pitch, cutting off Sirius.

Elizabeth looked up before looking back at Sirius with a determined smile on her face. "Alright! I'm ready!" She started walking onto the field hearing behind her,

"That's my girl!"

Elizabeth smiled to herself happily,

Oh, the butterflies that boy gives me.

-

"Right!" The Slytherin Captain, Lucinda Talkalot, loudly exclaimed in front of the people trying out for the beater position, which there weren't many compared to the amount of people trying out for other positions such as seeker or chaser. "So! How this is gonna work is that we're gonna see how your flying is, then how you are with a bludger!"

Everyone was guided to a line on one end of the field and was told to get ready to do a few laps around the field. As Elizabeth got ready on her broom, a brunette next to her whispered, "Is that Sirius Black supporting you?" Looking up at the Gryffindor on the stands giving Elizabeth a big thumbs up, the sight making her smile.