Ordinary Monday

Linda O'Shea sighed as she opened her locker on Monday morning. She had hoped the new year would bring a smooth sea with her relationships.... she couldn't have been more wrong.
"So you and AJ are really back together again? Didn't you just break up?" Valeria Abarca asked one of her best friends.
"Yes and yes. It's all very complicated. And I can't help but wonder if none of this would've happened if we didn't come up with that damn plan!"
"But you achieved half your mission. You got Danny to lean your way."
"Only after LaRue- that pathetic excuse for a male-"
Valeria chuckled, "after he-"
"Right. Let's not relive that.... Danny only kissed me after that. And then when I ran away..... man, I wanna kiss him like that again. Then he kissed me last week, before I went to his house to tutor Joe."
"And AJ's okay with all this?"
"He said, and I quote, 'a kiss is just a kiss'."
"I've heard that before. Where?"
"It's a song." Linda sang the next few lyrics, "You must remember this: a kiss is just a kiss. A sigh is just a sigh. The fundamental things apply, as time goes by."
"Linda!"
Linda yelped a little, bit turned to the British boy. She thought he was extremely cute, and, if she wasn't in Pursuit of Danny Reagan and if the boy and Laura Holt didn't have whatever it was that they had, she would probably go after this boy. "Yes, Remington?"
"Did I just hear you singing As Time Goes By from Casablanca, Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall. Warner Brothers, 1943?"
"Impressive! But I was singing it from What's Up, Doc?, Barbra Streisand, Ryan O'Neil. '72, no idea of the production company. Warner Brothers as well?"
"Very good, Linda!"
The bell rang, once again interrupting the idle chatter. "Oh! I'll see you at lunch," Linda pointed to Valeria, "and you right now?" She pointed to Remington.
"Bye, Linda," Valeria smiled over her shoulder.
"See ya..... that movie information. That's very impressive."
"Eh. I'm kind of a movie buff." Remington shrugged.
"If you ever get on Jeopardy!, and there's a movie category, you'd rake in all the dough."
"Possibly."
Linda sat down with Remington, getting out her books. She frowned when she saw the queen bee. The blonde knew that Marianne was just waiting to get back at her. She knew that the slut wanted Danny back. Whether he'd go with her or not, Linda didn't have a clue to that answer. She genuinely hoped that he would have the good sense to stay away from the tramp for the rest of his life.
**********
"Erin," Linda walked up to her before she had to go to science class. "Where's your brother?"
"Danny? Oh, he had a doctor's appointment or something like that. I wasn't really paying attention when my mother told me." The tall brunette smiled sheepishly.
Linda smirked, "but he's okay, though? With the concussion and mooching people's notes and everything?"
Erin laughed, "I heard him tell Dad that if anybody had to fall on him, he'd chose you."
She blushed, "I don't even know how I fell off that stage!"
"It's okay, he's not mad. He's not even mad about the ginormous headaches he's been getting."
"I just...." she sighed, "I don't know. I feel so guilty. I kinda just.... mm. I don't know."
"Linda, it's okay. He's not mad, so you shouldn't be."
"I guess....."