.

And like the moon, we must go through phases of emptiness to feel full again...

Daneen was submerged in reading when someone cleared their throat loudly, startling her, she almost fell off the bed.

" Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," His voice rumbled more like a command, like the officer he was at base he was as much of an officer in home, always barking orders but always lenient for her sake. Fateh offered a small apologetic smile that didn't reach his eyes like it used to until their relation changed.

" No no, it's ok you can come in " she  stood up but her stomach dropped as soon as she saw that khaki uniform clinging to his 6'4 physique of massively lean muscles like a second skin. He always says that this uniform is his everything, his passion, his possession, his profession and his love. He says as long as he has that he doesn't need anything.

" Are you going already? " Despite trying hard she couldn't keep her tears at bay, of all the people in this whole wide world she was afraid of losing him the most.

"Yups! princess, Duty calls" she nodded knowingly and casted her aquamarine eyes downwards. But like all those years he didn't embrace her to ease the knot forming in her throat, he didn't kiss her much to her dismay he didn't even inched forward from the threshold.

"I came to say goodbye"

                          ==={}===

"Khala, Why is Fateh treating me with indifference all of a sudden? He didn't even hug me or kiss me and worst of all he didn't even came inside my room" Warm tears leaked out of her big glossy eyes like a spring of sweetest of waters.

"Beta he is not your brother anymore so you have to think carefully before speaking your thoughts out loud."

"He was never my brother" frustration was evident is her mellifluous voice. She stood up and ran off to her room, locked the door and cried herself to sleep.

                           ==={}===

One and a half year later...

"Is it true? Is he coming?" There was a twinkle in her eyes that flamed more intensely with each passing second.

" Toh or kya Meri jaan? "

"Nahi.. app mazak Kar rahi Hain nah? Another trick of yours" Even the thought of this being a trick burned somewhere deep in her chest.

"No beta..go! ..he will arrive any minute" Now that was scary. She wasn't even ready to face him yet all this time she imagined seeing him again, talking to him.

She ran outside the kitchen but collided with a hard wall and as a result fell on her butt, hard!

"Ya Allah..." all words froze in the air when her eyes met the most greyest ones of all time. He looked different, way too different.
Better!
The chiseled jaw was covered by beautiful black, mercilessly cut beard. Soldier cut hair. He looked more tall, more musculine, more tan and more brooding. He looked at her as if believing she was Daneen, his baby girl has grown up after all. There was a flicker of something different and new in his eyes when he saw her then.

He looked painfully arrogant until he smiled a little. "Princess, Is this you?" This time he laughed, his throaty laugh was like the most peaceful music to her ears. Butterflies danced in her belly but she kept her cool.
Standing up she questioned with a slight blush.

"Why?" All of a sudden she felt self-consciousness creeping at her skin, tugging her closer.

"Why? Now that's not a very smart question, is it?" He said quirking a perfect brow. "I mean where is that Bob cut gone? Your pants and shirts?" Heat crept at the nape of her neck and she turned beetroot. She totally ignored the affect of his question.

"I changed my dressing sense" She told him meekly, fidgeting with her fingers nervously. As far as he can remember she was never ever shy or embarrassed infront of him than what now? He can't pin point.

"No, you changed"

"Just as you did"

"No..way more different from me. I maybe changed physically but everything about you is changed now." He has the gaze of a lion and mind of a hawk. She was awe struck by the way he said that. Meaning he was not very ignorant.

Always calculated,
Always polished,
Always hers!

"Dupatta suits you," after a little thought he added, "alot". He turned on his heels and in a second he was gone.

                           ==={}===

"Baba I came two days ago and you are telling me to share a room with Daneen, this was the only reason I was delaying my visit to home" his voice was loud and stances clear.  "Can't you see? she is just a little girl"

"Stop it Fateh! Enough of your nonsense. She is your wife, your responsibility. Now be a man and like a responsible person take care of her.." His father was never this much angry, seemed like he pushed the button's a little further.

"I care about her. And since the marriage kon si aisi zimadari hai jo mai nay puri nahi ki? Uska school, tution and every possible accessory..I took total responsibility as a husband,"

"Or jo sab say zaroori tha? Sath? Woh Kahan diya tum nay? Like a coward you are returning after one and a half year,"

"Army is my passion, baba"

"It's not about army beta, I am saying atleast give her a proper shelter under your shadow, if you must,"his father added with a scrutinized gaze meant to burn "And I will never sacrifice her over you" His gaze was accusing.

                          ==={}===

Melancholy surrounded him. He shook his head twice, pensively, in an attempt to clear his mind but all in vain. Closing the door of balcony he looked at the bed. Daneen was not sleeping that was for sure. Slowly and deliberately he made his way to the other side of bed and laid. But soon her stifled cries ranged in his ears. He sat up at once as if electrocuted.

"What happened now?..Daneen? Ab Kiya ho gaya hai tumhain?" He was agitated. The day was hella bumpy ride.

"Kuch nahi hua? Ap so Jain..waisay bhi boht thak gaye hon gay nah app" her voice was raspy and heavy from crying too much.

"Tanzz Kar rahi ho? (Are you taunting me?) Fateh pressed his temples and looked her way. Her back was facing him. A little pixie wrapped in green dress.

"Nahi toh..ap pay kon tanzz kar sakta hai? Kisi ko app kay hathon marnay ka koi shauk thori nah hai.
(No..who can even taunt you? Who wants to get killed from your hands?)

"Chuhi si ho or batain kaisi karti ho," he laughed at her seemingly insouciant behavior. Gripping her forearm he pulled her in a sitting position. Like a weightless flower she turned in his hands. Her thick eyelashes were casted downwards and her heavenly face was a mess.

For a moment he cannot bring himself to look away from her glintning face. Was he blind before? In a trance he cupped her small cherry face in his big, calloused, veiny hands. She was a dainty. Epitome of loveliness.

"Look at me princess," he inched closer in fascination. She looked up and it seemed an entirety in a few seconds.

"Chin up princess or the crown slips," he brushed his thumb on her cheek.
Slowly she raised her chin with the curtain of her lashes.

"Good," he kissed her forehead like before but not like before. The whole thing about the kiss screamed 'difference' at his face.

"Now be a good little girl and sleep...huh?," She nodded.

She turned on her bed side but felt his gaze, hot and burning, smoldering her back.

For a long sleepless night they lay alongside one another.

On his mind there was only one question, how in the world he felt allured by a girl almost 15 years younger than him?

Was he a monster for feeling this way?

A/N: I am back..hope you guys will like the story..
who likes age difference?

It is non edited so don't mind my mistakes.