Ch. 13 Goodbye

Lauren

I watch as Brad walks into the room and shut the door carefully. He looks so flushed like he just saw his huge crush or he is just plainly furious. He sprints towards where I am seated and hugs me tight.

"Ew... Why are you sweating so much?" I made a face as I didn't hug him back. I am still angry at him though.

"I was doing some filthy exercise to because I messed up." He sits beside me, his eyes on me.

"Why are being such a brat Brad?" I asked frowning heavily at him.

"Lauren, I don't wanna argue." He runs his fingers through his hair as he shakes his head, "I want to talk to you. I was really really jealous okay?"

"Why are you being such a jealous person? You are not even my boyfriend yet." I roll my eyes at him. And that very moment, I just want to curl up like a ball and shove myself in an abandoned cave where no one would see me again. The pain in Brad's face hurts my heart so much. Why did I say that?

"Ye-yeah.." His voice cracked and looks down the floor, "I'm just a friend.. I don't have the right to react like this. Sure. I am sorry."

I bit my bottom lip not knowing what else to say. I was telling the truth. He is a special friend, not my boyfriend. He gave me a weak and forced smile before standing up.

"I'm sorry for even bothering both you and Zayn. It's all clear." He says and walks towards the door. I wanted to say something, but all I did was open my mouth as I watch him turning the door knob, "Thanks for those sweet memories we shared Lauren.. It will forever be treasured."

He shut the door behind him leaving me all alone. My heart felt like it have been stepped on by an elephant. Did he just give up on me and let me go? Did he just do that?

Maybe, it's for the better. My whole life since I arrived in this school was about those lovely brown eyed guy with the cutest laugh I have ever heard. The way he takes care of me makes me feel extremely special and just the way he holds me sends shivers down my spine. I seem to have been depending on him because all I think right now are all those memories we have shared.

I should learn that happiness doesn't only come with one person. I have locked myself with this magical feeling of importance and love that I can't even establish love and feel importance without him. This two months have been the worst months throughout my whole stay and I clearly know why. This whole two months without Bradley, no cuddling, no stories to talk about, no teasing, no tickling, no phone calls, no texts and no nonsense conversations at all. Although I am mindful that it is mainly my fault why that happened but I just did that so he wouldn't get angry, so he would trust me, so he would stop being a jealous boy who thinks all guys are trying to steal me from him even with my assurance.

I let the tears fall from my eyes as I allow this sickening feeling and thoughts in my system. I should feel pain...  But this is not like the pain I felt when I knew about Taylor's death. It was painful.. But I had a foundation to lean on to, and he was there for me through that whole experience which made it a little bit easy to move on or at least temporarily slip that hideous memory in my life. But now I lost him, because of my own impulsivity. He didn't fight.. He didn't argue with me about what I said. He didn't force himself to me. He didn't tell me I was lying to myself.

I sob loudly, trying to ease the piercing pain in my heart to go away.. But it gets worst every second that passes. He gave up on me now. He won't be coming back.. I lost him.. Just when I thought I am somebody to him.

End