"I am now, thank you for coming and rescuing me."

"It's no big deal Makena, you know it's what I do right?" He smiles at me, then kneels down and releases my wrists first, then my ankles. He helps me stand up and together we leave the house. When we got back to his car, I noticed the big guy was knocked out cold and handcuffed in the backseat. He just smiled at me and walked me to the passenger's side of the car and helped me into the seat. He was being so sweet to me.

I watch him walk around the car and climb in behind the wheel. He buckles his seat belt before pulling out his phone. "Jesse needs to know that you are safe, so that he can do his part in this!" He punches in a message before starting the car, driving away from the house.

***************

Jesse's POV

I heard my phone chime and knew that he had her. It was like a huge relief to know he had succeeded. I took out my phone and glanced at the screen... Jake: Hey, I have her, she is safe. We are on our way now. I let out a deep sigh. She was safe. I looked up at Marcel's face; it was time for me to do my part.

"I need you to help me smuggle money in from overseas. It's the perfect cover, you are a successful businessman just back from your honeymoon. Only you will be doing this with Charlie, not Makena." he orders me, I nod in agreement as I knew something he didn't. Makena was safe with Jake.

"I'm so sorry, Marcel, but I don't think I'll be able to help you this time." I squealed at him.

"What?" he boomed, he turned his head toward me, looking at his daughter, who was still in her cuffs, looking grim as she was aware of part of the plan.

"I said no Marcel, Find someone else!" I bellowed back at him. I was getting pissed.

"Then you just killed your little wife, Jesse!" he spits out at me, I couldn't help but smile. He no longer had her or any other leverage on me because Jake had Makena safe and sound.

"I'm sorry Marcel, but I really doubt that..." and just then the cops rush into the house letting themselves be seen as they surround Marcel, guns drawn, telling him to hold his hands up. I observe his face closely; I see his face slowly turn red with anger.

"You will pay for this Jesse!" he growls at me.

"Is that a threat?" I ask him, I was feeling great right now, and nothing was going to ruin that feeling as I ignore his threat to find Charlie was gone. Her handcuffs lay on the ground next to her empty chair... no, she escaped. I yell at the cops telling them of her escape, demanding that they find her. I knew that if I didn't find her, Makena would not be safe. Turning my attention back to Marcel, "Where did she go?" I asked him through a loud growl. I was angry now. We may have succeeded in the plan, but we failed if we couldn't find her.

"You won't find her Jesse, she will do her job and get me out of the sack. You just signed Makena's death warrant!" He snapped at me as he was being led out of the room by the Captian.

"Now I know that would not be an issue, would it? You will not have another chance at her, I will make sure of that!" I growled back to him as he was led into the cruiser outside my house. I smile as I see her, following closely behind Jake. She was wrapped in a soft white blanket, and her dress looked torn and dirty. All in all, she didn't seem hurt, which made me happy. I grab her out of his grip and pull her into my chest, wrapping my arms around her waist. I wanted to hold onto her, for a moment there I thought I had lost her.

"I can't breathe." She whispers and I relax my grip.

"Sorry honey, I was just so scared." I start...

"You were scared? I was kidnapped!" she said softly, and I laughed, she always had a way of lightening the mood!

"I know, I know... I am sorry. I promise you I will make sure that never happens again. But Makena I need to tell you something important. Something I know that neither one of you are going to like." I spoke looking over the top of her head towards Jake, as she burrows her face into my chest. I was loving the affection she was giving me, maybe she felt safer with me.

"What?" Jake growls out, I can feel her breath on my chest through my shirt, sending a little shiver down my body. If she continued that shit, it was going to cause me a few issues... I pull her chin up gently with one of my hands so that I can look into her eyes as I spoke.

"Charlie got away! ", I saw her eyes widen and she looked scared.

"What? ", she whispers.

I let out a small sigh before speaking, "Don't worry love, we'll find her, she'll be a priority target from now on," I calmly tell her, trying to comfort her. "I will keep you safe."

"Okay, Jesse, I hope not. I don't like this one bit." she says softly.

"Me neither, Let's just go inside love" I say before picking her up in bridal style and escorting her toward the house. As I approached the front door, I lean down placing my lips near her ear, and whisper "This is a time-old tradition for newlyweds." Once I got inside the front door, I set her down carefully. Even though I wanted her to do something tonight, I was not going to force the issue, I would keep my word to her. "Would you like to just go to bed?"

"Yes please, I am exhausted. What time is it?"

"Just after one a.m." I mumbled through a yawn.

"Wow, it is late!"

"Yes, it is, let's go to bed, love." I tell her softly just before giving her a soft peck on the lips and leading her back to the bedroom.