36- My knight in shining armor

Start from the beginning

"You really want to do this Jesse?" Jake wondered as we walked out of the station.

"Yeah, I want her back in my arms. I cannot trust him to have her!" I say.

Jake punched his fist in the air and announced, "Okay, let's go do this!" I told him exactly how to locate the house Marcel had taken over and had used as his base of operations. I only knew where it was because I had been there when he first approached me about the little favor he wanted from me. I declined back then as the damn assignment would have held up my marriage with Makena and I wasn't going to let anything stop that from happening, I was not willing to put that off... plus I tried really, really hard to stay on the good side of the law knowing that one bad move could have revealed what I was doing with Makena to them.

"Please let me know as soon as you have her Jake, I'm trusting you with this... with her!" I pleaded with him.

"I can do this Jesse, it's my job you know. I will rescue that damsel; go do your part in this plan." he stated at me.

"I will... but seriously dude, let me know you have her so that we can strike." I begged him, not wanting to beg as it made me feel weak.

"I promise I will let you know." with that we both parted ways, me to my house with Charlie still in cuffs in the backseat of a police car and him to his base camp. I worried Jake would have to take out a lot of guys, but I was betting most of them would be with Marcel at our place as he needed to be protected more than she did. I hoped that our plan would work and that Makena would be safe in my arms at the end of this. I was going to lure Marcel to a certain spot while the cops surrounded the house to arrest him. Then they would take him into custody and I could have my beautiful wife back.

***************

Makena's POV

I was trying to stay awake, it was getting so late. I wanted to hear what was going on, and tried to distract the guy, I cleared my throat in an attempt to get his attention. "What do you need, Beautiful?"

I shudder as he utters the word, "I'm thirsty and I want a drink of water." I ask him and watch as he rolls his eyes before leaving the room. Leaving me all alone in the room, I glance around to see if I can find anything to help me escape. I hear a tap on the window and glance in that direction, I see Jake standing there smiling at me, he was motioning directly at me with his hands and I wondered what he was doing there? I expected Jesse, not him.

I hear heavy footsteps approaching the door. I glance back to the window and see Jake gone. The big guy comes back into the room carrying a glass of water, he kneels down beside me and helps me drink before placing the glass on a table near the bed I was sleeping in. "Thank you." I tell the guy.

"You're welcome." I watch as he goes back and sits back down in the chair he had been sitting in since Marcel left, he pulls out his phone and starts playing a game on it. I glance back toward the window, but there was no Jake and I wondered if I had imagined him being there in the first place. All of a sudden there was a loud noise in the other room and the big guy jumped up and ran out of the room leaving me alone. I wondered what was going on but all I could do was lay there and hope that everything was going to be alright. When I heard hurried footsteps running outside the door I prepared myself for the worst, but when Jake rushed through the door I let out a sigh. I smile at his face, I've never been so happy to see him as I was right in that moment.

"Hey," is all he says as he stares down at me.

"Hi back." I send him a soft smile.

"Um... are you okay?" He asks, looking at my tied wrists and ankles.