Happy 1st birthday Ashton!

Love at Divergent High

Chapter 38: Happy 1st birthday Ashton

It has been six weeks since the game of truth or dare and today is Ashton’s first birthday. We are graduating soon, in eleven weeks actually. We have all applied for college and are waiting for the letters to come in the post. We all applied for the same college as well. Divergent College of Chicago. It is a place that most people go to after going to our High School. Though, people from other High Schools go there as well. Hopefully we all get in.

Marlene applied for the nursing course because she wants to be a nurse.

Shauna applied for the policing course because she wants to be a policewoman. Lynn and Lauren also applied for that course.

Christina applied for the hair and beauty course because she wants to open her own salon and you need training to do that. She’s also doing a little side course of business to help when it comes to starting her own business.

Uriah applied for the catering course because he wants to open his own restaurant. He’s also doing the little side course of business with Christina.

Zeke applied for the media and computing course. He wants to create his own video games and stuff, or work for a video games company, and this will help him get there.

Will applied for the law course, he wants to be a lawyer, and also he is the cleverest one out of all of us so it makes sense for him to do something like that.

Tobias and I applied for two courses. They aren’t full time courses so they allowed us to pick two. We both applied for English literature, because we both love writing and reading. I also applied for the photography course, though the others really wanted me to go for either music or drama, they practically begged me, but I want to be a photographer, and maybe do some writing on the side. The second course that Tobias applied for was architecture; he is a really great drawer and wants to design new buildings and things for Chicago and other places. The others also wanted him to choose drama or music, but he didn’t want to.

Right now I am in Eve’s room, getting her ready for Ashton’s birthday party, which starts at one and it is now eleven. It is Saturday so we don’t have any school. I am dressing her in a cute white dress with coloured flowers on it. Her and Ashton are like best friends, they are adorable together.

The other day Ashton said his first word. We were all in the front room of this house, watching movies and talking and laughing about random things. Then Ashton said ‘Mama’ we were all shocked, and happy. Mar and Uri were practically crying when he said it. They had been trying to get him to say something for weeks.

We spent the rest of the day celebrating him saying his first word. It was amazing.

When I’m done getting Eve ready I walk into Tobias’ and my bedroom, with Eve in my arms. I put her in the little play den we set up in the room for her and grab some of my own clothes before going into the en-suite to get ready.

Half an hour later, it is quarter to twelve, and I am dressed and ready in a plain white summer dress that goes down to the middle of my thigh, though it doesn’t cling to my legs. My hair is curled in a half up half down do. I have foundation and mascara on, but that is all the make-up I could be asked to put on. I then pick up Eve and take her downstairs to find Tobias in the living room watching TV, wearing his usual jeans and t-shirt. The others have gone to the summer house to help set up. I sit next to him on the sofa with Eve in my lap.