"I-I'm so freaking sorry, I sh-shouldn't have done that and I took my decision in anger and I slapped you, I am serious I didn't mean it, I would never raise my hand on you and I feel so filthy right now that I'm even explaining my actions in such a bad manner, Tanu, you have to understand that I-"

"Oh my god! Shut up and sit down", I tell him and he settles down all the while not making an eye contact. I hesitantly take one of his hand in mine and hold it.

"Honestly Sanjay, it's ok, I know you wouldn't hit me, and I know this guilt is going to eat you your whole life, I think maybe that guilt is enough punishment for you, so I'll forgive you", when he looked up his eyes shone with tears.

"Are you... Are you serious? Are you seriously forgiving me?"

"Yeah, I know why you did it ok!"

"Thank god! Thank you", I just sat there for sometime in comfortable silence when he asked,"What's there in the letter?"

"Urmmm... Why don't you only read it..."

"Tanu don't tell me it is what I think it is"

I shove the letter in his hand and wait for him to read it.

"No, please don't do this, I need you, the company needs you, don't resign like that", he pleads.

"I need to do this, I have some other things to focus on as well"

"What? It's not like you have a business of your own do you?" He asked and I smiled. His eyes widened on an instant.

"You own a business? Why have I never heard of it? What is the business about?"

"It's not like you cared all these years", I say bitterly.

Being a 15 year old who was accused of trying to kill her brother whom she loved to death wasn't easy for me. I still remember that day. I also remember who was behind it. Anuradha. That stinking bitch. She had thought that I was trying to steal her crush and while I was cutting apple in my room while my brother was sleeping on the bed.

"Tanu-"

"Did you believe me then? No right! So was I supposed to think that you were going to believe me know and support me?"

"Do you even know the full story now?", He shakes his head and looks down.

"You still don't know you say! You didn't even try to find out! Well then ...", I tell him the full story from how Anuradha had a personal grudge against me due to me "certainly stealing her crush" and how her mother who hated me too and Anuradha accused me and how they believed her. I told him everything. About Arjun when we were dating. About what my mother had been doing. About how Anuradha would still torture me.

By the time I've finished saying everything, I feel relieved. I feel satisfied that I've finally told him everything because for a long time I've been wanting to tell him so many things. He doesn't say anything, but keeps quite and has tears rolling down his eyes but doesn't bother wipe it. He stares at me. Completely broken. Looking at him, tears welled up in my eyes. I couldn't control them.

I've never blamed him. Yeah, maybe when I was a teen I would but when I grew up, I knew better than to blame him.

"Tanu...", He speaks up but chokes on a sob and starts crying. Usually I would find it funny that a guy like him is crying but I actually feel bad and reach over and hug him as he cries.

After crying his heart out, he finally looks at me and starts apologising. I guess I can say that no one has ever apologized to me as much as he did in the time I've spent during that time.

"Anyways, so I'm here to ...", I gesture towards the letter.

"No, please don't do this Tanu, come on think rationally", he pleaded.

"Sanjay, I'm not doing this because of what happened day before yesterday, I just had planned on doing this for a long time and now that you know everything, I won't feel guilty for keeping you in the dark and resigning", I say.

After convincing him, which took another hour, I was finally walking out of the office when he reached out and hugged me tightly.

"I'm so sorry, I seriously didn't know what you were actually going through. I'm really sorry for everything. Please forgive me. God! I was so dumb and oblivious"

"That you sure were, and stop apologising, I already said I forgave you"

"You are the best sister, how did I  even get so lucky and get you as my sister?"

"I don't know", I mumbled shyly. I hate it when people compliment me. I mean it renders me speechless and I don't know how to reply then.

"Hey Tanu", he says.

"Yes, bro"

"Take me to your company, I really wanna see it", he says. To which I agree and we the make our way to the company.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay so guys, it honestly wasn't fully Sanjay's fault that he was behaving that way, and after he found out and after the apologized, I guess I would've forgiven him to if I was in Tanvi's place. Because Tanvi has a character like that. She is a really kind and forgiving person.

Anyways, another intense update for you guys.

I love you guys for giving me so much love, keep giving me as much love as possible. 😁

Also, I will be publishing the other book really soon.

Love,D❤️

Love,
D❤️