Chapter twenty eight

Chapter 28

I was on the first flight. It was just Geoff, Jacques, and me in premium economy. That meant that Emma and Kitty were cut from the race since they didn't make it in time from the underwater treasure hunt. That just left the four of us left for the finale. Usually, it would be two or three. Maybe it was just for the excitement. Who knows? This was about to get really entertaining.

It was finally our last flight from this whole show. Surprisingly, it was a lot easier than it turned out to be. But this last race was going to determine who would finally win it all. We got so far. If we don't win, I wouldn't be disappointed. I will be disappointed if the ice dancers win. Then it would suck. They don't deserve it. They cheated their entire way through to the finale. They deserve to go home. Even if they didn't sabotage my own team, they didn't need to. My team was already messed up anyways.

//"Ya know what? This has been pretty fun, besides all the other torment I went through. It'll be sad when this is all over. But when I — if I win the million, I'll probably just go around the world again. Bring a few people and just chill out instead of racing for a million bucks. But with no ice dancers, of course."//

The plane landed and we all got off, running to the Don box. Geoff hit the button first.

"It's an all-in: who's ready to face the traffic?" We all got our tickets to read the instructions. We had to drive our own taxi to the Empire State Building. We had to climb a flight of eighty six round of stairs to reach the top to reach a room that had suitcases with the ticket tips attached to them.

"Fun-fact: last team to arrive is pretty much doomed," said José reading the little bit at the bottom. "Well, let's not let that be us, or well, at least me."

We got into the taxi, José of course taking the drivers side as I got into the passengers. I took the map as I looked at it. Hey, there's the Statue of Liberty. I hated that stupid challenge in World Tour. Alejandro and his smug face when pulling Heather along by his own devious desires. Ugh. Gross.

"Which way do we go?" José asked, driving fast pressing his foot on the gas pedal.

"Turn left at the next stop light, but step on it!" I shouted as José sped off quickly to make the next turn. I continued shouting directing as José drove quickly. He completely gassed it, gaining speed hurriedly driving away from all the traffic as he made the quick turns as I said them. Good thing he's a fast driver.

I saw Geoff and Brody on the side of the road, completely totaling the cab into a light post. I'd help them out but we have a challenge to win.

We almost slammed into traffic but José swerved around into another driveway which was between some apartments. I got a little anxious as we lost both of the mirrors on the side of the cab from the tight squeeze.

"Ummm," I tried to say.

"NO TIME!" José shouted as he gassed it, getting out from the apartment back alley and into another direction. "Where are we now?"

"Two rights and we're there!" I said. José gassed it even further, his foot ramming on the pedal, flooring it to the Empire State Building. We got there and José just parked the taxi on the sidewalk since there wasn't anywhere else to park.

We made it inside and began climbing up the stairs. I almost thought we were the first ones here, but Geoff and Brody were shouting at the top. I gasped. We weren't alone. We booked it, taking three steps at a time as we raced to the top, making it and slamming open the door where Geoff and Brody were with a briefcase and their tip ticket.

"We made it!" I shouted out of breath.

"Take this briefcase to the mid-point chill zone in Central Park." José said. Ugh. Really?