Dinner was also about to be served; so you had to act fast and climb through the window before Josh or Joseph arrived with a tray filled with food for the day.

What a funny though process.. 'about to be served.' It was almost as if you were in jail. Frankly, with your brother; it did feel like it sometimes.

Agile jumped off your head, landing on the perch and scurried up the wall and disappeared. You blinked at the small crack on the upper wall - small enough for him and too small for you. You chuckled softly and began to strike at the built-up ice. Muttering under you r breath about being fast enough to beat your brothers.

The sound of the door creaking open made your blood run cold. A shiver running down your spine as you told straight, holding the attachable bayonet behind you and away from your brother's view.

but it was too late, he saw what you were doing and you were left with your heart hammering against your chest. The inkling fear creeping up your sides.

Josh stood at the door, a tray in hand filled with hot steaming food. His eyes filled and unreadable as he switched from the window to you three times before he shut his mouth. The smile presented melting away and came a frown.

"You're trying to leave." He said, his voice cracking. Josh's brows knitted together, his hold on the tray shaking. "Why do you always want to leave? Have we done enough for you to stay?"

You froze, holding the object closer to your chest. Heart pounding in your ears as you watched Josh stand at the door; shoulders trembling and his gaze downcast.

"I-I.. j-josh.." Words failing, you could only stare in fear as Josh threw the tray against the wall. The cup, bowl, and plate shattered on impact, the tray loudly clanging on the floor - You flinched, attempting time step back but ended up falling to your bottom. Eyes wide and teary. "I-I only wanted—"

"Wanted what?!"Josh shouted, taking long strides towards you. "We have you everything! Anything you've ever wanted! Why can't you see that the only thing I want is for you to stay put!" He was be ginning to shout - You couldn't stop the tears from overflowing and trailing down your cheeks, staining your face yet again as you watched Josh pace in front of you, hands entangled in his hair, tugging at it and wiping his face with the most loudest groan you've ever heard.

Your body instantly shut down, signs of distress trembled at your legs, the ghost fingertips of bruises already making their mark on your skin as Josh's breathing began ragged and shortened. Swallowing felt like sandpaper, like cotton was forced down your throat and you could only wheeze.

"Why cannot you just be nine years old again?! When you were so dependent on me and Joseph - do you know the mark you have on us? I don't want to lose you to some scum who thinks they are ten times better than me!" He ranted, snapping his neck to face you. All the light in his eyes faded as he took two steps forward and crouched down to your level. His hand over your mouth and forcing you to your knees. The ghost bruising already forming as he lifted his other han - you instantly shut your eyes, not daring to see what he hand planned to do.

**********

A sharp pain stabbed at the back of your left eye, the sting becoming unbearable as Josh shoved his finger deeper into your eye —without thinking, you screamed. You screamed at the pain, the feeling of Josh's fingertips on your eyeball, the sharp pain that was once dull when you rubbed your eyes - you screamed at the top of your lungs, hands flying to his wrist and began scratching, clawing, and sobbing broken English for him to let you go.