Chapter 4 - Neon Waves

Start from the beginning

Akaashi sits up on his knees and tries to peek, but Kuroo is quick to pull it away and to his chest.

"Um" Akaashi gives him an offended look. "Are you perchance not letting me look at my own phone?".

Kuroo just keeps lightly cackling as he pulls the phone only an inch from his chest to peer back down at the schedule.

He then tucks it to his jumper again with a sort of an impertinence that has Akaashi frowning deeper.

"Let's just say you won't have to worry about it. This client is easy peasy, you're for sure going to the club again".

"Kuroo". Akaashi lays out his hand with arrogation, demanding the phone back.

"Noooo" Kuroo whines. "Let it be a surprise".

"I can't just- I have to reply to them to say where we're meeting up".

"I'll reply for you". Kuroo smacks Akaashis hand when he tries to swipe at his phone again.

He angles himself away as his fingers make quick use of the keyboard.

Akaashi huffs a sigh and his hand retreats in favor of folding his arms across his chest.

"Right, now you get to meet him and have the most magical night of your life where you'll declare your love" Kuroo chucks the phone back into the lap of an irked Akaashi.

"If he doesn't have a sword engraved with a romantic message then there will be no declaration of love" Akaashi huffs, and shoves his phone back in his pocket.

"So hard to appease" Kuroo sniffs. "I'm going to cry".

"I think we have a hairdryer around here" Akaashi pretends to search the room with his eyes. "Lets clean those tears up".

"Who's teaching you to be so salty?" Kuroo flops backwards on the couch with a groan.

Akaashi opened his mouth to reply, but suddenly there was an abrupt crash of someone falling through the door and their heads swiveled to see a man running into the lounge.

"Kuroo, Akaashi" Oikawa wheezed.

"Oikawa, I don't ever recall you running in your life?" Akaashi cocks an eyebrow, grinning at the man who was bent over, trying to regain the breath in his lungs.

"Matsukawa is going to-" he sucked in a large breath.

"-Go skinny dipping in a fountain. I can't stop him" Oikawa stands up right, still breathing heavily.

He pushes his askew glasses further up his nose.

"You have to help me. He won't put his clothes on and there are MANY elderly ladies around".

Kuroo immediately barks with laughter.

"It's not our fault you can't keep your room mate under control" Kuroo chortles.

"Let them enjoy the show" Akaashi says with a shrug.

Oikawas eyes snap to the both of them before releasing a large groan and stomping his way back out the lounge.

As soon as they heard the deafeningly hard slam of the agencies front door behind him, Kuroo and Akaashi turned to look at each other.

"Well...that was odd" Kuroo speaks slowly.

"What's odd is how you always come in here smelling like something completely different every time"

Akaashi cocks an eyebrow and makes a move to shuffle a few centimeters away from where Kuroo is on the couch.