The Message

Chapter 3

As she came upon school, she slowed down her jog. No way was she ever going to do that unless her life depended on it. But throughout the entire school day, things went by pretty well. Nothing came flying out at Eva, but several of her friends and classmates noticed her weird and cautious behavior. 

"Something bothering you Eva? You look a little pale." Asked Melody, her best friend since they were 5 after an ice cream war in the streets and Eva blocked her from one popsicle heading straight for her face. Melody had light brown hair that seemed almost gold in the sun. She was short with a spunky, lovable child-like characteristics and attitude, her explanation for that is because she says that she needs to act her height. (Which was only 5'1')

"Nothing really....."

"Doesn't sound like nothing.... OH! Is it a guy?! Ohhh whoever it is ima beat them up if they tried messing with you! I know how you dislike the doofy guys Eva well don't worry cause i've got your back! " Melody said whilst whipping her hands around and accidently hitting a boy with a hat.

'Melody is the only friend or person that would ever actually fulfill those types of promises,' thought Eva. Rolling her eyes at her friends clumsiness.

She suddenly remembered 3rd grade when she was bullied and Melody said 'If that meanie ever comes bully you again, im gonna bite his arm so much, hes gonna bleed!' and true to her word, she did.

"helloooo?" called Melody flicking her fingers in front of Eva's face.

Eva snapped back into reality realizing that she didnt listen to a word Melody said.

"What?" Eva asked.

"Geez listen when people talk to you. I said 'What happened? You better tell me or im gonna get my brother to wet willy you!'" 

Eva laughed. 

"Its really nothing, just not enough sleep i think."

Melody pouted, hoping for a story but used that excuse and didn't bring it up again throughout the day.

As Eva was walking home now, every step she takes, defenses in her body come up. She would react to a small squirrel in the bushes or a car passing by 5 meters away. This sort of behavior started to tire her so until, something flicked into her back. A garden snake slithered up on her back as she quickly grabbed it, threw it down, looked around her and sprinted for home. She ran into her house in less then 7 minutes and flew up the stairs into her room. Her parents wouldnt be home for another 2 hours so she locked her door and windows. Pulled the curtains closed and walked to her bed.

"Safe." She thought wondering if she actually was or not.

Curiously though, she walked over to her closed curtains and peeked outside a little. Hoping not to see what she'd expect to see. But dread filled her.

He was there.

She saw him staring at her window again. Smirking. Her body shivered and as she got distracted for a moment, something came flying towards her window. 

A rock crashed through the window and onto the floor. Shocked, Eva screamed and hurriedly looked back through her window to see or swear at him for breaking her window, only to see no one was there anymore.

She walked over to the rock and picked it up. In her hand she saw a piece of paper tied to the rock. Eva carefully untied the string and opened it.

Inside she saw this:

 Hey girl. Hope you missed me. I missed you ;) so bad im going to go crazy and i dont think you want that happening. I saw you today you know? yeah you with your little brunette friend at your school. You also avoided my little present to you, you know? the snake? HAHA You also should know now that I'm gonna come for ya next. Be prepared cause i dont go easy on a bitch. Hope every thought of yours is  pretty screwed up right now and your mind is filled with me. See ya.(ALWAYS) 

P.S This is not the last you'll see of me here in your house EVA MERNERY. I will be watching you ..

'Oh CRAP!' Eva thought as she scanned through the letter, and as her eyes fell onto the last part another thought filled her head. "How the heck did this freaker know my name?!' thought Eva wildly.

Eva was shaking with the letter in her hand, What was she going to do? She stared at it and the window till it grew dark outside. Maybe there was a way to avoid it all she thought as she hyperventilated a bit. Nothing today was going to match up to whats going to happen tomorrow...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesh my good readers, a cliff hanger!!!! blehh on my writing skills but i hope you enjoy it!!! stalking you now to see if your reading my story O.O