C H A P T E R T W E N T Y-E I G H T

THIRD PERSON POV

"Cara, I'm not blind anymore."

"Really?" Cara raised a brow as she whispered, both women walked slightly behind the men and the droid. Reina squeezed the knapsack that cuddled the baby against her chest, and Cara pointed at it. "Was it this thing again?"

"I don't think so." Reina breathed, but she still wasn't sure. "My vision is not like yours though. I only see you in this black and silver outline, as if I lived in a piece of artistry."

"Huh," Cara scoffed with a smirk. "Well, at least you have some form of vision. I'm sorry we had to leave you on the ship."

"No, no, I understand." Reina shook her head. "It was for the best. I didn't receive my vision until late last night. Right before it happened though, I had a dream, or a vision, or...well, I don't really know what it was...but I saw Mando, you, Kuiil, and everyone else sitting around a fire, and then get attacked by flying beasts."

"That did happen."Cara gasped a little too loud, alerting the ones up front.

"Something wrong?" Karga questioned, readying his blaster. Both Reina and Cara shook their heads quickly.

"What do you think that means?" Reina whispered, the baby babbling in her arms.

"What does what mean?" Cara asked.

"The vision. That's never happened before. And this new sight that I have? I have so many questions with no start on how to answer them."

"I don't know what to tell you, Reina." Cara sighed softly, then she pondered for a moment. "Maybe you and Mando will find out when the two of you find those sorcerors the Armorer talked about. The ones you have to return the kid to."

"Do you think I could be one of them?"

Cara's cheeks puffed to keep herself from laughing. "Uh, last time I checked, Reina, you don't look like that." She pointed at the baby. "Plus, you don't move things with your mind, do you?"

"No."

"See? I think you are overthinking this a bit too much." Cara cheeked a smile and nudged Reina with her side. "Miracles happen. If it really bothers you that much, stick with Mando. I'm sure the two of you will figure it out. For now, I say we focus on getting off this planet. Alive."

Reina nodded in agreement, and as if on cue, she and the crew came upon the underground lava river. "This is it." Karga exclaimed. They all stopped at the old ferry provided that was droid-operated, but it was completely rusted and useless, and both Din and Reina were skeptical that it could take the molten lava's heat.

"If we push the boat out, we can float downstream." Karga nodded. "Come on." He and Din worked together to attempt heaving the boat off the port, grunting but gaining nothing. "Push!" Karga urged. Din kicked the tin boat and threw his arms up out of frustration. Reina and Cara exchanged looks at the embarrassment.

"Give me your blade." Din gestured to Reina. "I can use it to pry it loose." Reina raised a brow, stepping back with a shake of her head. "I don't think so."

"You boys mind stepping out of the way?" Cara cocked her machine rifle and let loose just as Din and Karga jumped opposite sides. It did the trick. "Good job." Karga cleared his throat and was the first to board the ferry, and he was followed by everyone else. Din helped Reina hop in with one of her hands gripping his and her other arm clutching the child.

"Watch your feet." IG-11 warned. "It's molten lava."

"No kidding." Cara grumbled.

As the boat begin floating downstream, the ferry droid beeped and whirred awake from its slumber. All five beings who carried a firearm reacted by pointing their blasted at it as it simply preceeded to perform its duty, chirping innocently.

As the ferry drifted quietly down the lava river, Reina sat close to Din, the baby tucked in the crook of her arm. The adrineline that pumped through body earlier had finally drained out, and she felt incredibly tired. She could only imagine what Din was experiencing. The stress his body had gone through and still is. She wanted to comfort him somehow to take his mind off of the situation they were in while they had this down time while it last. Then, she thought about telling him what Cara and her had discussed before they reached the port.

Maybe another time...Reina sighed. Subconsciously, she began to hum softly and only noticed when everyone turned their attention to her. She stopped and gazed over to find her reflection in Din's visor.

"I know that song." Karga nodded. "My mother used to sing it to me every night. Those were the days way before the Empire took over." He scoffed with a shake of his head. "How times have changed since."

"I remember my father singing it to me when I was a girl." Cara admitted, her head hung down.

"It's the same one you were singing on the Crest when we were stranded?" Din remembered, and Reina nodded slowly. "Sing it again?"

The corners of Reina's mouth teased a smile, and then she slowly looked down at the child as she sang.

Looking up, at the sky, I see a spaceship passing by...It makes me wonder...

Is it true, like she says, a path we've never tread...Where screams turn into whispers...

Cara's voice joined in.

Now I'm far, far from my life. I'm above the rock and soil. I'm far, far from my life...where blood no longer boils.

Karga also joined in.

The past inside me starts to die, when I see that spaceship passing by....That flame disfuses into a flicker.

Now I'm far, far from my life. I'm above what I've always known. I'm far, far from my life... The pieces of my future are sewn.

For the last lyric, Din mumbled along.

Looking up...at the sky...I see a spaceship... passing by...And I wonder...

Then, there was silence.