C H A P T E R O N E

THIRD PERSON POV

Reina Beckett was blind, that was for certain, despite having full, healthy, dark brown irises. However, that didn't mean she was succumbed to darkness and helpless for the aid of a droid or anything else. In fact, she made her way around the galaxy just as efficiently as someone who could be the best pilot in a military fleet.

Her eyes may fail her for the most part, but her other senses, specifically her sense of touch, were deeply enhanced to the point that Reina could create images of setting, scenery, and moving beings in her mind just by touching and feeling the energy given off. It is a gifted skill that came naturally to Reina ever since she became unable to see.

Nevarro  is where Reina made her end's meet as a bounty hunter in the guild designated on the planet. Her reputation has skyrocketed with the act of always pulling through with the bigger game than the average bounty, most of the time due to her petite stature and the underestimation of what a blind woman can do. Skilled with dual katanas and a sensory rifle, Reina was a force against the arrogant. For years, Reina played by her own rules, while respecting the codes of the guild, just like any other member.

That is, until a few days ago, when she requested specifically to handle a certain job. One offered by a sketchy client who would only meet in person with no puck and no additional information about the target. With the reward rumored to be on the handsome side, and that she's always up for more challenging hunts, Reina agreed to meet the client.

What she didn't know, that she wasn't going to be doing this job alone.

Greef Karga sat across from the two bounty hunters with his usual smirk, hands folded on the round table. "So? What do you think?"

"I think," The Mandalorian sighed, his glare was present even through his signature helmet. "I can handle this on my own. No need for this one."

"Ditto." Reina's dark eyes narrowed, resting her chin on the top of her hand. She was settled next to her "assigned" partner and sensing his energy, she knew this was a dangerous suggestion.

"This client is very desperate to retrieve this asset." Karga shrugged. "You two are our best hunters the guild can offer. I'm sure you can work it out and complete this mission in no time. I hear the hefty reward is enough to satisfy a whole platoon of hunters."

Silence and a glance at each other was the only response the hunters needed. "It wouldn't hurt to at least meet this client together." Reina huffed, and rose from the booth, almost tripping over the table leg underneath. She paused when she heard the Mandalorian sigh again. Letting it slide, Reina followed the sound of his footprints through the alley ways until they reached the entrance of the client's hideout.

The air around Reina signaled they were in a very recluse part of the bazaar. "I don't like this." she brushed against the Mandalorian's armored arm. Now she knew his height—much taller than she was, maybe half of foot taller. Mando didn't reply, for a droid appeared from the doorway requesting an access card, of which he provided. When the door slid open, immediately Reina felt Mando's energy tense.

"What is it?" she breathed softly and followed him and whom she assumed their escorts to the client.

"Stormtroopers. Let me do the talking."

Reina almost halted in her tracks, but Mando's arm restricted her to do so and she continued on, forcing herself to remain calm. There's no way she can show signs of resistence now that she's in Imperialists' quarters.

"Ah, I had been informed you both were to arrive." The Client Reina had assume greeted them. "I hope your reputations are up to par as they are boasted, for your skills will be greatly useful working with one another instead of apart for this particular assignment. The Mandalorian, whose honor is his biggest ally. And the Unseeing Assassin, a woman who is underestimated tremendously due to her... disability."