And That Concludes Knife Safety Camp!

Start from the beginning

"No, but if I go to the medic she'll find out either way, so the only way to avoid that is to not go." Eren retorted. Truthfully he hated lying to her about his well being, but she could definitely be overbearing sometimes.

Armin's beginnings of a smirk faltered as he realized that Eren was somewhat right. If he showed up late a second day in a row it would send the already worrying Mikasa into a frenzy.

"Look I'll make a deal with you that I don't really like." Armin conceded. "I'll get her off your back, and I'll ignore whatever weird thing you've been sneaking off to do-

"I have not been sneaking off to do weird things."

"-If, and only if you head to the medic right now."

Eren stopped for a second to consider his options. If Mrs. Servott got suspicious of anything that was happening, he was fucked. She'd have to report him to whatever military higher up she could, and who knows what would happen to him then.

However if Armin and Mikasa caught on..., well to be honest, he'd probably still be equally fucked, but in the long run he'd be spending much more time with the two, leaving them more time to figure out something was wrong and investigate themselves.

If he got Armin and Mikasa fully off his back now, he wouldn't have to worry about any of that, and to do it he'd only have to spend ten minutes at the medic tent, tops.

With a sigh Eren agreed, "Fine, I'll do it."

"Finally, I don't know why-

"But!" Eren interrupted, "But, you have to completely drop the subject. No more 'Eren, I don't believe you', 'Eren, I don't think that's the full story', and no more bugging me about it after I've already explained it to you."

Armin looked at him skeptically. It wasn't exactly normal for Eren to be so adamant about hiding things, but at the moment he was much more concerned for Eren's physical wellbeing than what was happening over the past few days.

"Fine, I'll do it." Said Armin raising his hand. "Shake on it?"

"Yeah." Responded Eren as he gripped his hand, giving it a good shake.

When Eren stepped back to finally get a look at Armin's face he noticed he looked frustrated, more upset than he was letting on about the results of the deal, and for a fleeting second Eren felt really bad about what he'd just done.

"Well you better get off to the medic then, you only have about twenty minutes now." Armin said, breaking the tension.

Eren rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Yeah, I guess... See you at lineup then?"

Armin gave a small smile as he responded, "Yeah, see you in a bit." And with that he headed off.

Eren watched his retreating back for a second before making a quick turn on his heel.

As much as he didn't want to head over, a deal was a deal, and Eren wasn't gonna be the one to break it.

-

Once he reached the medic tent and explained his situation, Mrs. Servott was surprisingly sympathetic.

"I knew somethin' was wrong when ya' walked in 'ere a couple days ago." She explained as she rooted through her supplies to grab a thermometer. "As much as ya claimed you were just tryna' skip a lil' bit, you didn't look right."

Eren huffed. Well yeah that was because his wrist still hurt like a bitch at that time! It had nothing to do with any sort of sickness, and he hadn't been sick in Walls knew how long.