Chapter 6 - The Decision

Just to clarify one thing that I left out, Miyahara was actually apart of the Generation of Miracles during Miyahara's last year of Junior High and the rest were in there first year. (I will add in Nijimura into the story but, he's coming in later in the story) (it's kinda of a long chapter)

Rin POV
It was now a Saturday afternoon, Riku wanted me to go with him to the mall for whatever reason but I didn't want to go with him. But, I kept on thinking about what Keiji and the Principal had said and offered. So, I called both of my childhood friends Kasamatsu and Himuro to come over to my house. They both agreed, despite how far they've lived. 'Shit it's about to rain' I thought thinking that it's going to be raining cats and dogs. I looked out my window to see no one there 'I'll just get some water while I wait for them' I thought, but just as I was going to open the fridge a doorbell can be heard "(sigh) just as I was about to get some water" I said to no one in particular.

I walked to the front door and checked to see if it was them, good thing it was them but they're fucking soaked so I tried to hold in my laugh, the best I could. I open the door for both of them but, they both quickly rushed inside almost tripping me. "You know, both of you could've SLOWLY walked inside but, that's fine" I said trying to tease them. Both of them playfully glared at me and Kasamatsu said "Well I'm sorry we don't live next door!" and Himuro said "Yeah, Rin we don't live nearby, anyways what was so important for us to even be here heck it's raining hard and we're soaking wet". Ok, they do have a point there. "Sorry, sorry but, let's go to the living room so we can talk" I said.

The three of us went to the living room, Kasamatsu was sitting on my couch and Himuro was on the left side of the couch leaning on it. "Hey you guys are getting my couch wet!" I said scolding them. Both of them sighed and stayed right where they were. I swear these two with there antics trying to tease me, while I'm the one that's supposed to be calm and collected. If you don't know how I met these two, let me tell you. I actually met Kasamatsu first at a daycare when I was 4 and we instantly became friends, turned out that he used to be my next door neighbor at the time. As for Himuro, I met him while I was in America with Kagami, he saw both me and Kagami as brothers and we became brother figures to each other. I even have a necklace like both Himuro and Kagami to symbolize our brotherhood, but I don't wear it as much as Himuro and Kagami, more like I keep it as a lucky charm item. Fuuuuuuuck, I'm starting to be like Midorima and his horoscopes.

"So, the reason why I invited the both of you to come here was..... to" I said, fuck I don't want to say it. "Come on Rin, spill it" Kasamatsu casually said, Himuro looked at me with a worried expression but, he did motion me to go on. I sighed and said "Ok, the reason why you guys are here is so you can hear out my dilemma I have at school" Kasamatsu raised his eyebrow and Himuro just sighed. "Look Rin, if it's about homework why don't you ask one your friends at your new school" Kasamatsu said. "I agree, if it's about that then ask the teacher or-" I cut Himuro off by saying "No, it's not that, it's about the Principal wanting me to join the school's basketball team but, I don't know if I really want to do it" I said with a frown on my face. "Rin, you love basketball I can even see it in your eyes like how we were in America, bro" Himuro said. "Hey, I've known you since our daycare days back then, you used to talk about how much you love basketball so much" Kasamatsu said as he put his wet hand on my shoulder trying to reassure me.

I chuckled then said "Okay, but can you please get your hand off me, your hand still wet" He then quickly got his hand off me. Kasamatsu then chuckled to himself while he was scratching the back of his head. "Sorry man" Kasamatsu said. "Alright, I guess I'll join" I said while I smiled at the both of them. "Hey Rin, not to interrupt but, the rain is getting harder by the minute and I don't think me and Kasamatsu-San want to go back home at this type of weather, do you mind if we spend the night" Himuro said very concerned. "And can we have some dry clothes, I don't like being wet" Kasamatsu complained. "Alright, I'll tell my parents to let them know that you guys are staying" I said and both of them hugged me with their soaked bodies. "(Sigh) really guys, now I'm wet" I complained to them. "That's what you get for leaving us outside in the pouring rain" Kasamatsu said while patting my head.

~~Time Skip (2 days later)~~

I was now at now the Stride Club room and I had told everyone to meet me here. Ten minutes go by and I hear everyone come in at the same time. And it looks like some else joined the team, I raised my eyebrow curiously at him, he had long white hair and he was tall but no taller than me. "Um guys, who's this" I curiously said pointing at the white haired male. "Rin, this is Kyosuke Kuga, Kyosuke this is Rin Miyahara" Heath said. Kyosuke walked up and looked right up at me, I guess he looked kinda of surprised that their was a taller person than him. I mean, that's understandable I am a pretty tall guy after all. I smiled a little bit at him, I also took out my hand for him to shake.

He accepted my handshake and said "I heard a lot of things about you Miyahara, I hope we can be friends". His smile was barely noticeable but I saw it nonetheless. "So what was the important announcement, Rin" Heath said as he put his hands on his hips. "I'm going to be joining the basketball team but don't worry I'll still be here in the stride team, but I'll be cheering you guys on during your races" I said while I'm doing a thumbs to them. "Miyahara-San do you really have to go, I feel like you just got on the team" Ayumu said as he complained to me. "Ayumu, it'll fine I'm sure Rin has his reasons for joining the basketball team" Kohinata said trying to reassure Ayumu. "Hey guys, Rin will always be apart of the Stride team, he'll be like our cheerleader!" Riku said happily. I just chuckled when he said cheerleader.

~~Time Skip (3 hours later)~~

I had asked the Principal later that day so I can join the basketball team, he looked very pleased and excited that I was joining. He then gave me a application form to fill out and said "When your done filling it out give it to me right away so I can give it to the club manager". I quickly filled it out and gave to him. He said thank you and to go to the basketball team to meet them. I went to the basketball teams club room and saw Keiji and 8 other people in the room. Keiji quickly smiled at me and greeted me to the other 8 individuals that I assume are my soon-to-be teammates. "Miyahara-San, I assume you are joining, correct" Keiji said while I nodded at him. "Great, listen up we have a new member of the basketball team, please treat him with respect, he's from the Generation of Miracles for crying out loud" Keiji said very authoritarian like.

The rest of the team came up to me and greeted me. "Hi, I'm Amaya Hamada, the manager of the team" the girl named Amaya said. "Kiyochi Heiwajima" Heiwajima said with a stoic look on his face. "Names Takehiko Sakamoto" a scary looking kid said to me, I literally had to look up at him he looks just like Murasakibara, but a little shorter, I think. "Touya Takagi" a guy that had braided cornrows said. "I'm Daitaro Ishikawa and this is my younger brother Daishiro Ishikawa" a cute looking kid said. "I'm Naoya Matsumura" Naoya said. "Hello, I'm Makoto Yamamoto" Yamamoto said, honestly his hair looks like Tomoe's but, with blond hair. "Now, where's that Hot-headed delinquent" Keiji said as he had a tic mark on his forehead. "That psycho is probably ditchin' again" Touya said as he snickered in the background. Then, all of sudden a guy with white hair kicked the door open as he came into the club room.

"You guys better not be starting without m-, ok who the hell is this guy!" The 'Hot-headed delinquent' said as noticed me, He was now glaring at me, while I was just look at him with a blank face. "(Sigh) sorry Miyahara, don't mind him he can be an idiot most of the time" Keiji said. "Ok Shinjiro, where were you when we started our meeting" Keiji said as his voice darkens. "Out, doing my usual" as he sassily said. Keiji was trying to hold back, I guess he was about lunge at him or something but I put my hand on his shoulder and I smiled at him, trying to at least calm him down. My tactic worked and he calmed down as he sighed. "Shinjiro, I want you to meet Rin Miyahara he's going to be apart of our basketball team from now on" Keiji said, as Shinjiro just clicked his tongue. Well these are some interesting players they've got here Honan, it reminds me a lot of Seirin, because both of these teams have a lot in common. For instance, there like the underdogs like Seirin. But I, hope I can help out this team as much as I can.