CH.9 The Hunt

Narrator pov

"Callum let's go the dragon queen wants to talk to us," Rayla said grabbing Callum's arm trying to drag him, while Callum is much stronger he will always give into Rayla.

"Fine fine let me get my jacket and scarf," he said sighing.

After walking through the hallways of the spire they arrived at the best room where they found the queen with Lain, Tiadrin, and Runaan.

"Ok, we will go find these leaders of the instigators for you" lain said sighing "I was hoping to spend some time with Rayla but ok" Tiadrin whispered to lie.

"Your majesty, what is it that you need us for," Callum said bowing, Rayla following him.

"You are to accompany your parents and cut the head off the snake known as the instigators." The queen said gesturing 6 elves to come in carrying packs of gear.

"You will leave right away and will return to katolis after your mission is complete since my scouts report the instigators base is near the katolis capital.

2 days later on the border of xadia and the human kingdoms.
_______________________________________

" Callum. Where are we going, are we lost? Let's ask directions." Rayla said get mad at Callum forgetting them lost in the forest.

"Calm down Rayla im sure he knows where we are, don't you Callum." Ethari said pating Raylas shoulder.

"Sure?" Callum said looking at Ethari trying to see what to do.

"Runaan is out he will be back soon with out location" Callum said trying to doge a hit from Rayla in the arm and failing.

5 minutes later
______________

"Ethari we have a problem" Runaan said jumping out of a tree with as much fear as Runaan could possibly show (so like a minor Twinge in his voice.
"There's an army over the next ridge"

Flashback
Runaan pov

As I crawled over the hill I saw the most horrifying mass of undead army's thousands, tens of thousands of monsters and right in the middle theres a massive vortex of dark energy, 'if there is a all seeing God, may he have mercy on our souls.'

End of flashback

"I Have a plan" Ethari said, "that was fast ru said surprised by Etharis response.

"Here the plan tonight is the full moon (😐) so you guys sneak in because your assasins and kill the leader it's that simple" Ethari said grinning.

"Huh not bad" Rayla said.

"Where is Callum" she said.