58 || Guest

«—————— « ⋅∘◦ ❈ ◦∘⋅ » ——————»

I sit in the living room, simply existing in confusion as my mom shuffles around the kitchen, preparing some food.

For Minho.

The rustling sounds of the area can be heard from the distant, as I sit idly on a couch, laptop unproductively on my lap with me staring into space; continuing to ponder about what exact situation I am even in right now.

After my mom left this afternoon, my mind just suddenly wasn't able to focus anymore. It's as if everything had made a huge 180, and my consciousness was still no where near close to wrapping my head around what was gonna happen.

Although Jisung and shared a few words after, lunch had soon ended, and we both had to go back to work till the end of our shifts.

Very convenient, if you ask me.

I sigh as I open my phone, reading over his text messages of our conversation earlier. He didn't know what was going on either- but to his guess, it probably had something to do with the whole stupid "love triangle" that we someone how managed to make fire severely back at ourselves.

But still, I couldn't stop pondering about the question.

Why out of the all sudden did my mom want to ask minho, out of all people? Not even Jisung, who was sitting right there across from her when she made her offer?

I bet the squirrel was honestly very personally offended.

I put my phone back on the coffee table, letting it sit idly only to glance at it again a few seconds later. Maybe I should call Jisung over anyways, just in case.

But then again, even he wouldn't have a single idea to why my mom was in such an odd mood. I glance up, only to see her skipping around the place, feet prancing along, even humming a little as she goes from one place to the other.

"Hwamin-ah, when will Minho be here?" She asks from the kitchen, head not facing away from the stove as she continues to shuffle things around.

I shrug from the couch, typing away on my laptop to finish all the unfinished work I let slide from today. "I dunno..? Can you please tell me why did you invited him so out of the blue in the first place?"

I was only greeted by a laugh, as I then glance up again to sigh to myself.

"Mom, tell me why. I'm dying from curiosity," I continue whining, turning around to face her.

She starts to answer, when the doorbell rings. "Oh-!"

"I'll get it!" I say, almost a little too quickly. Moving off of the couch, I immediately jump up to answer it, not wanting my mom to get there first.

I toss it open to be greeted by a smiling Minho, a puffy jacket hugging his body as he waves at me. "Hi Hwamin." He says, reaching over to softly ruffle my hair.

"H-hey." I say back, voice coming out softer than intended. "How's it going?"

He unwraps his scarf as he steps inside, kicking off his shoes as he places them along the rack. "Good, thanks. Where's your mom?" He then asks, head darting around the place as if to scan it.

"Huh?" I tilt my head, pointing towards the kitchen. "Over there still making food, why?" The slight sounds of the place could still be here, pot lids opening and closing while the sizzled of food hitting certain fry pans emitted from the distance.

"Just curious." He chuckles. "Tell her thank you for having me here."

"Oh," I say, walking over to help take his coat off, "you can tell her later, I'm sure she'll say no problem."