Chapter 6: A Certain Homicidal Ex-Captain

Kamijou Touma contemplates about the words Tetsuya had said to him a while ago.

            “Shadows are part of the darkness, but they also stand by the light, and that’s the purpose of my existence Kamijou-kun.”

            Is what Tetsuya says. Kamijou can only widen his eyes. A little bit of realization dawning upon him.

            “I am a shadow, I’ll support those in need, even if I’m on the sidelines,” no one will notice me anyway. Was the part where he left hanging, but Kamijou can barely picks it up.

            He tries to retort, really, but even if he can stop supernatural forces, be it magic or esper abilities he still cannot stop the time from ticking, so now both Kamijou and Tetsuya was running along the corridors once they heard the bells ringing, only to find out that Komoesensei has yet to arrive.

            Seating themselves in their respective seats, Kamijou can’t help but stares at Tetsuya who’s now reading a mystery novel, which he seemingly pulls out of nowhere, careful not to squint or he’ll ‘disappear’.

            The words the teal-head said earlier echoes to Kamijou’smind again and somehow he feels that this might mean that he is a step closer in unlocking a mystery named as Kuroko Tetsuya.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

        Yawning again for the umpteenth time, Tetsuya walks in the sidewalk, vanilla milkshake in hand. He barely listens to any of his lessons for today as he was still sleepy and had somehow manage using misdirection unconsciously in order to avoid a doting mother hen in the name of a KamijouTouma.

            He mentally snickered at the thought, but who knew that not paying attention to your surroundings can cause you dearly as Tetsuya bumps into a stranger.

            Scratch that, who would think that he’ll meet ‘him’ here?

            “Fancy meeting you here, Tetsuya.” Yes, that silky voice, he’s sure that he’s not mistaken.

            “Akashi-kun.” He greeted, steeling himself as he did not allow a flinch to show in his physical features under the existence of his ex-captain’s heterochromatic gaze.

            “What, there’s no ‘long time no see’or‘how are you’? Now Tetsuya, if only I knew that you’ll be this devious then perhaps I made the wrong choice in letting you off the team,” Akashi Seijuurou stated with a smirk. “But both you and I know that I am always absolute, and I know that you’ve learned your lesson, yes?”

            Tetsuya stays quiet.

            Akashi held up a hand in the air, as if knowing what it is in Tetsuya’s mind.

            “You know that you can’t use your ‘ability’ to me no? Since I can see and know everything. Why don’t we go somewhere else?”

            Akashi nudges him to walk on but not before taking the milkshake that lay forgotten in his hand into a nearby trash bin.