fourteen||love

Best friends fall in love with each other...
.
.
.
.
.

"Iwa-chan!" a voice echoed through the street and between buildings. Iwaizumi chuckled as he watched Oikawa run up to him. 

"You're late," Iwaizumi said as Oikawa finally caught up to him.

"Sorry, had to sort out some stuff at home! I got held up again. My dad really picks the worst time to practice his lines - can't he understand I have an important person to meet?" Oikawa rambled on, "like seriously, he doesn't get it. I also managed to misplace my phone somewhere in my room and found it on my table, sitting in plain sight after turning the room upside down"

"Ah, don't rant too much, what matters is that you made it" Iwaizumi smiled before quietly taking hold of Oikawa's hand and giving it a light squeeze.

"You know, this is great, but what would make this evening even better is a cup of some good hot chocolate", Oikawa smiled and started dragging Iwaizumi to the cafe nearby.

"I thought we drank enough hot chocolate last night", Iwaizumi pretended to resist being led to the cafe, but Oikawa could see through his facade.

"Never enough, you stand here, I will pick up some", and with that, he disappeared into the coffee shop. Iwaizumi was left admiring the surroundings, especially the evening sky which seemed to be changing color every second. The sakura's had bloomed, the sidewalks around their usual route were all pink, but Oikawa loved it. He even dragged Iwaizumi to a gathering a few nights ago, just to watch the sakura's bloom. He couldn't lie, the prettiest flower out of all was Oikawa.

Instinctively, Iwaizumi began playing with a ring on his finger, his thoughts drifted along with the clouds.

"Chocolate!", Oikawa shook him out of his trance and handed him a cup of hot beverage. 

"Took you long enough, now we are really gonna be late", Iwaizumi offered his hand to Oikawa and the other took it without hesitation.

"Who cares? As long as you are here I do not need any prom parties of whatever we are heading to"

"I could only say the same, but we promised Makki and Mattsun"

"Hmm, yeah, I guess we did."

A silence fell as the two continued walking down their path, holding each other's hand. Though that did not last for long as Oikawa stopped soon enough, his eyes focused on Iwaizumi.

"I never thought I would ever walk this path that we had walked a thousand times with your hand in mine..."

"Neither did I, but, here we are"

"It's almost surreal. I sometimes think back about how jealous I used to be and how long I waited for you to tell me you like me, but I wouldn't change a thing"

Iwaizumi took a step towards Oikawa and pulled him closer, before leaning in a placing a small, soft, yet meaningful kiss on his lips. "Thank you for helping me realize just how much of a dummy I was"

"Remember I used to ask one question all the time?"

"I do"

"Iwaizumi, what are we?"

"...lovers"

the end.