eight||care

Best friends take care of eachother.
.
.
.
.
.

As Iwaizumi stared at the ceiling of his room he found himself struggling to keep his eyes open. He felt warm, maybe even too warm, not to mention he couldn't breathe through his nose.

"This is the first time I've seen you sick" Oikawa said as he sat on the edge of the bed. He reached out and placed his hand on Iwaizumi's forehead, oh it was burning up.

"I rarely get sick..." Iwaizumi sighed, and technically that was not a lie. The only times he did he sick, he was too busy looking after Oikawa. Oikawa was one of those people who would get sick and then get better two days after - that didn't stop him, however, from asking Iwaizumi to take care of him.

And now look how the tables have turned.

Iwaizumi didn't even ask him for help. Once Oikawa saw the text "I'm a bit sick, not coming to practise today" from Iwaizumi he rushed to him. A nice gesture, really.

Iwaizumi had a fever, but he wasn't sure anymore whether it was the fever or Oikawa's gentle touches that were making him feel hot. Oikawa looked at him with such caring eyes that Iwaizumi couldn't help but feel weak.

Lately, he had been grasping at these feelings a bit. While still confused, Iwaizumi was getting the hang of just what was happening - and he didn't like it.

He knew that if his suspicions turn real that could mean the end of the friendship they have, but all those doubts are always washed away by Oikawa's gentle touch, his cold hand on Iwaizumi's forehead and cheek.

"Thank you for taking care of me..." Iwaizumi whispered, smiling weakly at Oikawa.

"Always... You mean a lot to me and I hate seeing you sick" Oikawa said.

"If being sick means that you take care of me and gently caress my face then I don't mind..." Iwaizumi closed his eyes as he said that, it was the fever getting to him.

Oikawa, in the mean time, felt his own cheeks turn red.

"You're bold, you know that?", he chuckled as he shuffled closer to Iwaizumi.

"It's the fever", the other smiled.

There was silence. Warm and beautiful silence. Not awkward, not tense. Iwaizumi kept his eyes closed, he couldn't look at Oikawa now that he blurted out all that nonsense. He felt his hand sneaking into Iwaizumi's palm and neither spoke a word.

Until, of course...

"Iwaizumi, what are we?"

"Best friends... I think"