three||study

Best friends study together.
.
.
.
.
.

"Focus"

"But this is the best part of the song!"

Iwaizumi lifted his eyes from the text book only to see Oikawa dancing in the middle of the room. A familiar melody played from his phone, but Iwaizumi couldn't quite put his finger on it.

"You came over to my place to study, remember?" Iwaizumi sighed loudly. "We need to pass the tests in order to have a practise match, you know?"

"I know, but I'm smart! I won't have any troubles" Oikawa laughed and continued dancing, if you can call it that. He swung his arms around, up and down, his feet seemed to move to the rhythm, but were a bit off-beat.

Ah yes, this was the real Oikawa Tooru that Iwaizumi knew. A dork who loved procrastinating, if only others knew.

"I'm trying to focus here, can you at least think about me?" Iwaizumi put his pen behind his ear, deep down he knew this question was pointless. Before he knew it, Oikawa had grabbed his arm and was inviting him to join his silly dance.

"Just one song!" Oikawa exclaimed happily, his smile only got bigger as he watched Iwaizumi stand up.

Honestly, moments like these were appreciated by Iwaizumi. To see Oikawa feeling so happy and free, that's what really mattered. Iwaizumi knew that he didn't show his appreciation all the time, but he genuinely cared for Oikawa and wished him nothing but happiness.

Lately, however, he has been feeling strange. This feeling of dread and fear would creep up on his whenever he was with Oikawa, his stomach would sink and...

It's hard to explain, more hard to even comprehend what the feeling actually was. Would telling Oikawa help? Or would he play it off as one of his jokes?

Oikawa kept on flailing his limbs in every possible direction, dancing slightly off beat to a pop song. He had a wide smile on his face, his eyes were shut, as if he was ignoring the world around him and yet... he still held Iwaizumi's hand tightly, not letting go no matter what.

And so, they danced, and danced and danced for what seemed to be hours.

At one point Iwaizumi turned to Oikawa, put his hands on his waist and waltzed quietly around the room.

"What are we?"

"Besties~!"